What's Goin on around Chicago Heights Area?

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
294. Just got onto 294 and a minute later my radar was going off and in the distance I saw a few lights. Figured an accident. Kept driving and next thing you there's about 10 or 11 squad cars. A minute later another 1 or 2, then a bit later another couple. I counted about 18 all together.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
RM3T5YH.jpg

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
(STMW) – A Wisconsin man who allegedly tried to rob a west suburban Walgreens store at gunpoint spurred a police chase and stand-off between Illinois and Indiana on Friday night.
The man attempted to rob the Walgreens at 1600 W. Roosevelt in Broadview at gunpoint about 8:15 p.m., according to a statement from Broadview police. During the robbery he struggled with the employee and fired one shot, but nobody was hit.
He fled the store, and Indiana State Police were later notified that he was driving into eastbound Interstate 80 in Indiana from southbound Interstate 294, Indiana State Police said in a statement. The man was later identified as 34-year-old Vincent J. Toliver from Madison, Wisc., police said.
Officers followed Toliver’s 2004 white Ford Expedition across I-80 onto Interstate 94, Indiana State Police said.
After avoiding several stop sticks, the vehicle eventually stopped on a shoulder about 8:30 p.m. near the Michigan City exit in LaPorte County, Indiana, police said. Police demanded Toliver exit the SUV, but he refused.
About three minutes after a negotiator tried talking Toliver down, he exited the SUV with a handgun in his hand, pointed at his head. He then put his hands up but refused to give up the gun, police said.
SWAT officers arrived from the LaPorte County Sheriff’s office at 9:34 p.m., and about 40 minutes later, Toliver was struck with a “non-lethal” weapon and taken into custody, police said.
Neither Toliver nor officers were hurt, police said. He was charged with possession of stolen property for allegedly having a stolen gun from Tennessee. He also faces a count of resisting law enforcement, police said.
Charges connected with the robbery are also pending against him, according to Broadview police.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2015. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info