Ford-Jaguar child & medical procedures

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Apr 28, 2009
Elgin IL
Something from my website … so, a Ford & a Jaguar mate….
TWIST TUESDAY | OLD CARS, STRONG HEARTS

In health news … if only registering, coaxing doctors to communicate with each other, coordinating schedules & receiving-executing pre- & post-procedure instructions could be listed on a resume as professional abilities, duties & experience….

03/25/2015, Wednesday = pacemaker replacement
…technically outpatient, but may have to spend a night in the hospital; a week of rest follows, then follow-up on, of all days, April 1.

TBD = endoscopy & colonoscopy
…these should be easy. Given other test results, tho, Medicaid-appointed PCP is concerned. Originally scheduled 03/03/2015 (Tuesday), these may be done AFTER the pacemaker replacement, depending on the Medicaid-approved gastroenterologist’s decision … tomorrow.

Despite me calling multiple times, Medicaid has yet to provide a podiatrist for my feet pain or an orthopedist for my knee pain-swelling, so not sure what to do….

Cort | OLD CARS, STRONG HEARTS | memories, even if the whole world has forgotten
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Funny how a melody sounds like a memory" __ Eric Church __ 'Springsteen'

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Apr 28, 2009
Elgin IL
It's like they took the worst part of both cars and combined them. Ack.

Yes, exactly. Tho, I wonder what'd look like with different (better) wheels...?

Mike K said:
As an aside, do you ever get to a point where you're in remission or will you always be in and out of the hospital with heart issues?

Nope, I'll never be "fixed". The valves I have will have to be replaced, as will their replacements, unless of course, technology advances to resolve that.

It's actually kinda funny. When I was growing up, since I didn't know too many people with heart issues, while I felt like the "outsider", I also thought it odd that more people didn't go to the doctor as often as I did. Now, as an adult, I don't feel as alone b/c I know quite a few people with similar heart issues.

Cort | OLD CARS, STRONG HEARTS | memories, even if the whole world has forgotten

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
Have u thought about seeing a physical therapist for the knee and foot pain?
After 4 months of trying to rehab myself following a hip fracture, I decided to have a professional evaluate what I was doing and make recommendations.
My progress in just 2 weeks has been eye-opening. This isn't chiropractic bullshit. Sports therapy. Something to think about.

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Apr 28, 2009
Elgin IL
Actually, no I hadn't, but makes perfect sense! I did cardiac rehab after my 2011 open heart surgery ... & the results from that were awesome. Sure appreciate the idea ... thank you!

Course, I'll have to check with my Medicaid-appointed PCP to see if she can refer me to someone ... then check with Medicaid to be sure it is covered & I can get a PT within the "plan"...!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• KnightFan26917
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list