Who Has done the switch from Comcast to Uverse?

Breze84

$ AIN'T NO PITY IN C-NOTE CITY $
Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
So I have had Comcast for probably 9 years. Today was the last fucking straw with this stupid fucking company. I am sick of my bill being inconsistent every month with no changes on my end, And Im really sick of sitting on the phone for a hr just to get a call drop by some outsourced fucking moron who talks like a robot. I called today on my bill which was $170 and supposed to be $123 a month. Because these fucking morons had to swap out a modem that was faulty and they are trying to hit me for $50 bucks, The same fucking $50 bucks that was "SUPPOSEDLY" Taken care of back in November. But yet every fucking month since then they keep adding it on my bill and I have to call and explain what the fuck went down. :picard:... Anyways, This is the last straw.

I was looking into the Uverse U300 and 18mbps... Does anyone have any insight on the wireless system they use and how they like the service and customer service. Also what is the availability of package changes after the 12 month promotional shit... Thanks :bigthumb:

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Yep. I have made the switch, twice. I have U300, 18 Mbps and phone... its enough for what I need. I like the TV quality and the DVR. Use google DNS servers and internet speed is fine. Never had a major issue other than needing to bounce a DVR box or replace a remote.

For wireless I disabled the WiFi on the gateway, never used it, I have my own wireless AP. I imagine the stock wireless isn't very good.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Call Comcast, tell them you are cancelling, they will offer a better price/package to retain you.

Flip-side, I hate Comcast and miss Uverse. They wireless gateway Uverse gave me only a year ago was still wireless G, so plan on using it only as a modem and buy a real router.

I personally have had An overall good experience with ATT and their support. They have fuck ups every once in a while, but are quick to correct them, and I haven't had any repeats.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Enjoy poverty Internet that can't get outs of its own way

I'll be thoroughly enjoying my 105/20 internetz

This is the only problem with uverse. Its awful having to wait for a HD video to buffer....or if you are downloading torrents then bye bye internet for everyone else.

Other then that, I have no complaints :rofl: if you live alone, go for it. If you have a big family...you may notice the internet speed wall.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Just talked to a Comcast guy yesterday, was paying $170 a month, they got me on a new plan for $129.99 per month. They also added a phone (which I could care less about) and upped my internet from the 30 Mbps blast to 50 Mbps....

Then that night WoW shows up and they can get me the same channels but slower internet for $119.00 a month... I'll stick with comcast for now.

We have ATT U-verse here at work for our company internet and the shit is BRUTAL. Still waiting for stupid Google Fiber.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
we have had 3 service callls for uverse in 6 years. 1 was a system surge that took out a lot of useres boxes. vs 2 hr call to comcast every month we had previously.

the tech we had come out this time told us a trick. if you call BEFORE your promo ends and tell them you would like to stay n it they will extend it. when they extend it sometimes its for 3 months sometimes it is for 1 year. ask how long they are extending it for and call before that time is up and have them extend it. We have the u400 and the 24mbps, under promo it is 150-170 cant remember.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Comcast with the zero fucks mentality is ultimately why I went back to Uverse twice myself. They really sealed the deal for me when they sent me to collections over a "lost" modem that was returned with all of my other equipment in the same box :picard:. That entire company can go fuck itself. They give absolutely zero fucks about you or anyone else, as perfectly put in the video posted.

The hardest part about Comcast is they are a necessary evil. There are no other providers offering 105Mbps for fast and cheap residential service at least in my area. My hope for Uverse is AT&T gets moving on converting the last mile from the VRAD with fiber to the prem. Areas with FTTP have some nice bandwidth packages.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
We've thought about U-verse, but, the speeds of internet and the lack of on demand they have is what stops us from going.

U-verse seemed just as expensive when we had a rep come out. They quoted us $150 + taxes+fees for HBO for 1 year, 24 MBPS Internet and phone. We pay about $174 with taxes+fees with comcast for HBO, Starz, Encore, phone and 105 MBPS internet. No brainer there. Service has been good. We have had a few issues, but, nothing to the point where we lose it like some people and all patience is gone.

If U-verse steps it up, maybe we can make the switch if the price and speeds on the internet are right.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info