freight train says, nay excuse me, to snow

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
video in link

The Ultimate Showdown Between Machine & Nature: Hulking Train Tries to Plow Through Massive Snowfall

Canada has a reputation for politeness, but this colossal piece of machinery isn’t saying “Excuse me” as it pierces through a massive bank of snow.

In New Brunswick, Canada a train — a Canadian National Railway locomotive 2304, to be specific — faced off against the brutal snowfall of three separate storms and the snow stood no chance.

Score one for badass, manmade ingenuity.

Breze84

$ AIN'T NO PITY IN C-NOTE CITY $
Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
All that snow probably didn't effect it at all. With all those train cars, i wonder how many thousands of tons that thing is.

About the equivalent of putting a 3 foot piece of styrofoam in front of a moving car.

1 car loaded is 180,000-220,000 lbs, A typical engine is around 200-220T roughly around 400,000 lbs... Trailing Tonnage which is the weight of the engine and cars can be anywhere from 8,000-12,000T on average, And get as heavy as 20,000T which is 40,000,000 lbs or about a 1/10 the weight of the Sears Tower hahahaha... Only reason I know the weights is because my company engineers roadway and RR bridges...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info