Reaching Out to Everybody....

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I don't normally do this, nor have I ever done anything like this, but I'm asking for any help from anybody who is willing to help out.

My aunt was diagnosed in February 2014 with Breast Cancer. She was optimistic in beating it. For a while she had it going great. That is, until recently. At first the cancer started to recede. But not long ago, she was told it developed to Triple Negative Breast Cancer and spread to her liver. From there he lungs started to deteriorate.

Triple-negative breast cancer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wiki said:
Triple-negative breast cancer (sometimes abbreviated TNBC) refers to any breast cancer that does not express the genes for estrogen receptor (ER), progesterone receptor (PR) and Her2/neu.[1] This makes it more difficult to treat since most chemotherapies target one of the three receptors, so triple-negative cancers often require combinatorial therapies (see below). Triple negative is sometimes used as a surrogate term for basal-like; however, more detailed classification may provide better guidance for treatment and better estimates for prognosis.[2]

Triple-negative breast cancers comprise a very heterogeneous group of cancers. There is conflicting information over prognosis for the various subtypes but it appears that the Nottingham prognostic index is valid and hence general prognosis is rather similar with other breast cancer of same stage, except that more aggressive treatment is required.[3] Some types of triple-negative breast cancer are known to be more aggressive with poor prognosis, while other types have prognosis very similar or better than hormone receptor positive breast cancers.[4] Pooled data of all triple-negative subtypes suggest that with optimal treatment 20-year survival rates are very close to those of hormone positive cancer.[2]

Triple-negative breast cancers have a relapse pattern that is very different from hormone-positive breast cancers: the risk of relapse is much higher for the first 3–5 years but drops sharply and substantially below that of hormone-positive breast cancers after that. This relapse pattern has been recognized for all types of triple-negative cancers for which sufficient data exists although the absolute relapse and survival rates differ across subtypes.[2][4]

I just saw her on the weekend of January 17th for my brothers wedding (in Texas), in which she was still standing (albeit got tired quickly) and dancing. She enjoyed everybody's company as she got to see a lot of the family that came up for the wedding from all over the U.S. Just a few days afterwards, she went to the hospital and was told that her treatments were no longer working and that there was nothing else they could do. She then went to one of my other aunt's house on Hospice and is awaiting her time. Now, it's a matter of hours if not days before she may pass. This morning she finally accepted her fate and is now ready to leave this Earth.

My uncle is strapped for cash as they (my aunt and uncle) used their savings for a portion of her medical treatment (out of pocket). They are left with nothing in their bank and my uncle will definitely need help with funeral arrangements. My family will be having a memorial once she passes and then will do a creamation. Her ashes will be kept until my uncle then passes and will be at rest together.

So I ask you people of TCG, that if you can spare even a couple bucks or even share this, it would be greatly appreciated. All monies received will go to one of my other aunts who will be in charge of the distribution of her memorial services and other costs associated with the memorial. Any money left over will then be given to my uncle to help recoup savings and go towards the rest of the medical bills.

Link for donations: Funeral Funds For An AMAZING PERSON by Lino Barraza - GoFundMe

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Just about a year or 2 ago, I had another aunt who passed away from breast cancer. It's never a good feeling. I can hold up no problem as I put my emotions and everything off to the side. It's my family I'm worried about. That's where I get the most feels knowing there's nothing what so ever you can do. So if I can help out in any way, this would be it.

Thanks Rich. I appreciate it.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Im so sorry for you loss...

I hate to ask but is there a way on you linking a paypal account to it?
I don't think I can link a paypal account to the gofundme, but if you want to send through paypal, then send it to:

[email protected]

Please make sure you make note that it's a donation for the funeral costs.

Anything is greatly appreciated.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
For those of you who don't wish to donate or cannot donate, I ask if you can share the link via social media. I never asked for much from anybody on TCG and always helped out those I could. All I ask is if you can share the link. It'd be appreciated.

Thanks for the support.

gojo83

Regular
Jun 11, 2009
Cheyenne WY
I know this feeling all too well you have my thoughts and prayers. i lost my cousin who was only 5 months older than me to cancer and they told him the same thing that he was in remission and things looked up. Then out of nowhere it came back like a freight train and my cousin who was 30 was hunched over and could barely make it down a flight of stairs before he had to sit and rest. Cherish the moment you have had with her and remember them. The same thing happened to his dad he was taken from us on christmas eve. Cancer sucks plain and simple.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I appreciate it gents. This aunt who currently has it is the 2nd aunt with breast cancer. The first didn't make it and this aunt won't neither. I've had another cousin (male) who passed from cancer at an early age, and I also had another male cousin who had cancer but beat it. My wife started showing signs of cancerous cells but they got to it before anything and she is fine. So I know all about cancer to well. Never an easy thing to deal with.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info