apartment renting scam email?

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
I emailed them about looking at the apartment, pictures, along with location. Saw the ad on CL, So I just took a shot anyway at it. Of course the 3 things i ask for I dont get. And I sent the email through yahoo, and they use my name. And no where did I state my name in the sent email 0_o

Hi chris,

I hope everything is good on your end. I still have the property ready to lease. We thought we had the place rented to a couple that we gave a personal tour to, but now it seems that they're not moving, so we need to lease to keep searching for a tenant. You were the second one to email me about it.

I bet you want the address of the place, but my husband doesn't want me to advertise the address as a precaution. Last time we did that without verifying people, the empty property was broken into and vandalized. As you can imagine, we want to avoid that! We setup a tour after you have recieved your credit report. You will be responsible for cable, internet, and phone, if you decide to have these services. For the FIRST time, we are allowing pets at this property. The rental term is 12 month lease, but can be switched into a 6-month term if preferred. We just ask that you give us fair notice if you are moving out.

When you want to come tour the place, then please visit the link below and grab your credit report. We recommend this site because all of our tenants used it and haven't had any problems. Just fill out the form and indicate that you want the report. We are not concerned with any negative scores, it's more of a formality to have it on file with our property insurance. You can get your report by just CLICKING HERE

Remember, print out the report and bring it to the tour.. We typically waive the security deposit with a rating of 580+.

Once you let me know that you have your report ready, then I can personally schedule a walk through of the place.

Thanks again,
Katie Day

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info