Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Staffing: A minimum of 2 individuals must staff your display at all times the show is open. Workers will need to report to room S401d to receive credentials before they will be permitted to enter the show floor. Workers for the first shift will be allowed access to the show floor one-hour prior to the show opening.

As you can see above, we need a minimum of 2 people a day (at all times) to be at the Auto Show while we are there. Of course the mod staff will be there as our schedules allow and since many of us and many of you guys already work downtown, this shouldnt be too hard to get squared away.

THIS IS NOT LIMITED TO JUST 16 PEOPLE. WE CAN TAKE MANY MORE VOLUNTEERS. YOU'LL RECEIVE A COMPLIMENTARY PASS GOOD FOR THE DURATION OF THE PUBLIC SHOW.

Your responsibilities as a volunteer include manning the booth and helping market TCG to auto show attendees; this includes passing out whatever materials we have on hand to patrons. You'll be keeping an eye on the booth and will be the on-site contact if the auto show needs anything from our booth, though we'll give you a list of TCG mods and contact information for the car owners in case you need to reach anyone.

The hours / dates are as follows -

February 14-21: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
February 22: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.

We can set the schedules however we want. Two people can work a full day, half days then relief comes in in the afternoon / evening, etc etc etc.

What I'll need from you guys is 100% commitment. Let me know the DAY and TIMES you can attend the show. I'll have a schedule set up in the second post where we can see who is working when and what days / times we'll need filled still.

Workers will need to report to room S401d to receive credentials before they will be permitted to enter the show floor. Workers for the first shift will be allowed access to the show floor one-hour prior to the show opening.

To get to room S401d, go up the escalators outside the Toyota booth in the main Grand Concourse and at the top, swing a right. Then head to S401d on the map. There will be signs.

http://www.mccormickplace.com/floor-plans/pdf/South-Level-4.pdf

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Our booth is here:

Untitled-1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
We are in need of AT LEAST 16 volunteers for the Chicago Auto Show

Post Reserved for Scheduled Volunteers.

Feb 14
  • Rich17 - 9-3pm
  • vyper144 - 9-3pm
  • Skeezer- 3-close
  • BerZ28 - 3-close

Feb 15

• nos4blood70 - 9-4pm
  • Omicron - 3pm - close
  • 1998gpgt - 4pm-close

Feb 16

• StrobinSS - 12-6pm
  • ragingclue - 2-6pm
  • tinfoilhat - Full Day
  • Bru - Full day

Feb 17

• greasy - 10-7pm
  • ragingclue - 2-6pm
  • Bru - 5-close

Feb 18

• greasy - 10-7pm
  • outlaw - open
  • Bru - 5- close
  • Mook 5-close

Feb 19

• SinisterSHO - Morning / Mid day
  • firemandan1700 - 9-4/5pm
  • Bru - 5- Close
  • Mook 5- Close

Feb 20

• greasy - 10-7pm
  • SRT41320 - Full Day

Feb 21

• Smokinhot +1 - Half or Full day

Feb 22

• srt41320 - morning
  • boostedguy05 +1 - Half Day (afternoonish)
  • Wickedwhite8 - Afternoon / close
  • Forced A4 - afternoon / close

Last edited by a moderator:

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
There will be chairs provided by the show :rofl:

You are not required to stand by the cars the entire time. You just need to be AT the show (@Bru, I'm not incorrect in that, yes?).

A minimum of 2 individuals must staff your display at all times the show is open.

need clarification :wavey:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Yeah, just need to be at the show. Don't need to be at the display at all times. Can wonder around at your will. We'll have a table and two chairs at the display.

Also, these are essentially free tickets to the auto show. I put your name on a list and you pick up an exhibitor pass at the upstairs office and those passes are good through the entire public show.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Free admission?

Do I have to wear TCG swag?

Free passes for those who help staff, yep.

Repping the site with swag would be ideal but not required. Once the list is complete, I'll likely figure out who has said swag and who doesnt. If you dont, I'll have something made for you.

Edit - Partially tree'd by Joe.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
What's required of volunteers?

Whistling at women who walk by mostly.

Basically, keep an eye on things. Make sure children respect the rope of justice and stay behind it. Stuff like that. Maybe even answering questions if they arise.

Joe, anything else?

(I know I keep deferring to Bru, but hes running point on this and is constant contact with the folks over there so hes far more informed on this than I am).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info