Amazon's packaging methods

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Has anyone ever noticed how ridiculous Amazon's packing methods are?

I had two kits delivered to my house last night for snowmobile ski bars on the trailer. Two kits, from the same seller. I recieved one in the original box with the label attached and another that was the original box inside another box? Does someone just sit there packaging things going yeah fuck it, that'll work.

I've had things as small as batteries come in 18x24" boxes before.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
My favorite is when you order an "add-on" item (do they even still do those?) and it ships separately from a different distribution center.

And for non-Amazon people "add-on" items are little, cheap things that "are not cost effective to ship on their own", e.g. a toothbrush, or some other small, less than $5 item.

this cracks me up everytime.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
50 packages an hour? this aint no mom and pop shop. amazon is our competition and we can do 5k an hour... usually around 1200 an hour though. hell ive done 3200 myself in a 9 hour day

I stand corrected. I thought one per minute with boxing, taping, labeling and related movements. Should have know you guys have it down to a science. How do you get the boxes put together so fast?

nick122590

TCG Elite Member
Jul 10, 2011
IOWA
I stand corrected. I thought one per minute with boxing, taping, labeling and related movements. Should have know you guys have it down to a science. How do you get the boxes put together so fast?

during holiday season we have a couple hundred people packing. i cant go to into detail but yes we have it down to a science. we get 100k orders a day from black friday till dec 23rd. anything ordered before noon on the 23rd will make it to you by christmas. super slow days are 40k orders... normal days around 60k

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info