The Chicago Garage

The Chicago Garage (http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/off-topic/)
-   -   Official Bored Thread (http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/off-topic/144818-official-bored-thread.html)

Gav'sPurpleZ 07-14-2010 11:05 AM

Official Bored Thread
 
as if my job wasn't boring enough, now that there are unions on strike, the field workforce for my company is diminished,

so i sit here and pick my arse.......sure is it nice to get paid to do nothing,
kinda,

i dont get paid as much as i should and its really boring.....

i have no windows, and hall monitors walk around giving you the stink eye if you walk to the damn bathroom ( i drink alot of water so i pass them alot )

anyone else feel free to chime in,
i just need something to do :noes:

Gav'sPurpleZ 07-14-2010 11:06 AM

fwiw

almost @ 1 post per day

AlmightyBirdman 07-14-2010 11:07 AM

I'm bored at work too. I have shit to do but lately it's just long term stuff that doesn't need to be completed right away and it's just easy to get bored of doing the same thing over and over again. Especially in an office.

99PONTIACGP 07-14-2010 11:09 AM

Gav's, where do you work? and what do you do?

Gav'sPurpleZ 07-14-2010 11:11 AM

i work in elk grove village for a flooring sub contractor.... work in the office...."dispatcher" is my title although my boss makes all the decisions.

i make and take phone calls and write supply tickets.....i say FML about 10000000000000000000000000000 times a day

Gav'sPurpleZ 07-14-2010 11:11 AM

birdman, what do you do ??

Gav'sPurpleZ 07-14-2010 11:25 AM

lunch starts in 5 minutes, so dont think i am bailing on my own thread...........
i shall return with more than enough time to reply to any all comments........

i feel a headache coming on, which should help the afternoon go by :rollseyes:

AlmightyBirdman 07-14-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav'sPurpleZ (Post 781114)
birdman, what do you do ??

I work in Oak Brook. Just doing normal office work. Right now I'm scanning drawers and drawers and drawers full of files we have in order for us to start going "paperless" and try to free up some space. It sucks cause most of it is books and they take forever to scan cause you have to scan it on the glass one page at a time :fu:

EmersonHart13 07-14-2010 11:46 AM

Slow here today too.

99PONTIACGP 07-14-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlmightyBirdman (Post 781131)
I work in Oak Brook. Just doing normal office work. Right now I'm scanning drawers and drawers and drawers full of files we have in order for us to start going "paperless" and try to free up some space. It sucks cause most of it is books and they take forever to scan cause you have to scan it on the glass one page at a time :fu:

page by page! :angrys00ls:

wow

AlmightyBirdman 07-14-2010 11:50 AM

Every time i get a stack that's just stapled together I go :fy: I never thought I would possibly say that about a stack of papers but it's so much easier to throw those in the feeder than to scan in a 100 page book.

Frank Dukes 07-14-2010 11:52 AM

wow. thats def. a FML. i scan about 100 pages a month. and i hate it. misfeed in the feeder, staples, color pages. :fu: to scanning.

AlmightyBirdman 07-14-2010 12:00 PM

Yeah. I mean as much as I like this job, it honestly drains the life out of me. I'm always tired, always bored and just so out of it all the time. At home and at work. And when I'm at home all I worry about is work. It can be such a stressful environment sometimes. I feel like it's not what I'm supposed to be doing but the only thing that I can do with the way this economy is. I need a job at a dealership...

red04regencyrst 07-14-2010 12:23 PM

well at least you guys are inside working and not baking your ass off in a metal fab shop with no air circulation. FTS

TonzKnock-G 07-14-2010 12:25 PM

kinda slow here too.

99PONTIACGP 07-14-2010 12:26 PM

I just had a burrito delivered. Fuck yeah

02BlueGT 07-14-2010 12:29 PM

Getting Called in to close on my day off :fu:


But now I have Saturday off :fy:

Gwinn The Chinn 07-14-2010 12:32 PM

hey gav. my new job is in elk grove village at a company called polyone. maybe we can have lunch dates?

but anyways....

this mom walks into her daughters room, holding a used condom. the mom says "are you sexually active?!".
the daughter says "no mom, i just lay there".

99PONTIACGP 07-14-2010 12:44 PM

:drums:

Gav'sPurpleZ 07-14-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlmightyBirdman (Post 781144)
Yeah. I mean as much as I like this job, it honestly drains the life out of me. I'm always tired, always bored and just so out of it all the time. At home and at work. And when I'm at home all I worry about is work. It can be such a stressful environment sometimes. I feel like it's not what I'm supposed to be doing but the only thing that I can do with the way this economy is. I need a job at a dealership...

tell me about,
i worked @ a dealership ( actually 2 ) for a total of 5 years, service dept....would i go back ? maybe, if everything was "right" but with the economy they have to be starving

i know how it is to feel like you are wasting your life and your capabilities
sitting in an office pushing papers

Quote:

Originally Posted by red04regencyrst (Post 781153)
well at least you guys are inside working and not baking your ass off in a metal fab shop with no air circulation. FTS

i would gladly be in a garage detailing a car for "real $ " and sweating my balls off

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only Relaxing (Post 781159)
hey gav. my new job is in elk grove village at a company called polyone. maybe we can have lunch dates?

but anyways....

this mom walks into her daughters room, holding a used condom. the mom says "are you sexually active?!".
the daughter says "no mom, i just lay there".

lunch dates ?? hmmmm, i'm @ pratt and tonne
i usually bring my lunch because i try to eat clean during the week
but you never know..............................

Gav'sPurpleZ 07-14-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99PONTIACGP (Post 781165)
:drums:

song lyrics entered my brain
" i dont wanna work, i just want to bang on the drum all day

Gav'sPurpleZ 07-14-2010 01:35 PM

I may use the scissors to gouge my eyes out.

even though listening to boers and bernstein is entertaining....the clock still seems to moving backwards :angrys00ls:

99PONTIACGP 07-14-2010 01:38 PM

Visit "Dat Ass" thread in Not work safe

:wink:

CAUTION: NOT WORK SAFE

REDBULL RACING 07-14-2010 01:39 PM

Hi

Gav'sPurpleZ 07-14-2010 01:44 PM

99

been there..................half of the pictures are red x's.........here at work


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.