Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
$5 Torque app and $10 ELM 327 bluetooth dongle worked great with my Galaxy to monitor vitals. Laggy for data-logging but was great for casual observation of data and had a wide variety of gauges and customizable layouts. Still looking for a decent compatible app for my iPhone.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
i also would like to find a good adapter. the one i got never worked.

i think [MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] had one as well?

I tried one early on with no success. I'd like to give one a shot once again now that the technology is through its infancy. I use a mid-grade Actronic scanner which does everything I need currently.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I would like to find an OBD + CAN scan-tool that can datalog most general PID's on most cars, foreign and domestic. I already have a few decent CAN scanners, but they don't datalog; and I already have full read & write access to most GM and Ford pcms, but it would be nice to be able to datalog lower level PID's in one singular unit on those cars as well as VAG and Japanese vehicles too. Something that doesn't drop data, and can handle more than 5 PID's logging at a time would be nice.

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
bringing this back from the dead.

I considered a bluetooth module but they just seem odd to me. There's one out now that claims to do ABS/SRS codes called Bluedriver that seems pretty slick but is costly at $100.

for that price i stuck with a regular old code reader. went with an Autel AL619 and had my ABS code within 5 minutes of opening the box. good stuff.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I use an UltraGauge. Similar to ScanGauge, but it's a little bigger (can see more gauges at once), and can show 6-8 different parameters at once. Tons of gauges and packages you can customize, read and remove codes, can even have it track gas mileage and update the instant econ, based on your usage. I use it to monitor boost (to keep it out of boost, to get a bump in mileage). A little pricey at about $80 all in, but to me, totally worth it given the features.

UltraGauge OBDII Scan tool & Information Center

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I keep a Bluetooth OBD adapter in my car and use the torque app if I ever get an error code while I'm away from home. For any datalogging though, I have an Actron Elite scan tool. Its about 10 years old now, but I can install updates for it still and it works really well for my needs. I think I paid about $200 for it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info