TCG Home Edition. Sell now or in spring?

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
If home values are cheaper in the winter, wouldn't it be better to move now?

Hear me out.

I'm guessing you are looking for a bigger more expensive house. Everything is a percentage game. Let's say your house is worth 200k now, and you want a house worth 500k now. If both houses increase 10% by spring, your house is 220k and the house you want is 550k. You actually lose 30k by the spring.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
my bro wants to sell, we share a house. i think people are mostly in delist mode now. you may/may not find a better deal at the moment. you may find something you like more later. who knows.

i think we are waiting until late spring/early summer under the idea that we are in a desirable school system and think that's when people will be looking to try and buy into it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Sell it whenever you are ready. The price you list it at is what will determine how fast it sells.

Here's a version of the Price/time pyramid. Basically, the higher the price, the longer it takes to sell. Price is by far the number one determining factor in selling a home.

price-triangle.png

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Lots of good info here. Two neighbors homes with similar basic floor plans sold in first week of listing recently. Our home is larger, on a bigger corner lot, with mature trees, and lots of upgrades so I'm optimistic.

I would like to build again so we're not in a hurry.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info