Ohhh booooo hoooo

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Someone got slapped with a dose of reality!

1200.jpg

Twenty-six-year-old Amber Ferland assumed Thanksgiving this year would be like any other: relaxing with family, eating home-cooked food, and catching up on sleep. But then an unthinkable tragedy befell her out of nowhere. Less than two months before the annual holiday, Amber’s parents informed her she would have to pay for her own flight home for Thanksgiving this year.

“They paid for my flight from Boston back home to Atlanta all through college and for each of the past four years,” Amber explained amidst this understandably trying time. “This year, when I hadn’t gotten an email from my mom asking for preferred departure times by late September, I knew something was up. I just had no idea it would be this bad.”

In an instant, Amber’s life had changed. Now, forced to use a portion of her $40,000 salary to fund her own travel, she is left unsure what awaits her when she arrives home. Will she be forced to pay for gas when driving her parents’ car? Will she have to pick up the check for dinner when going out to eat with her family? At this point, anything seems possible.

“This has really shattered my view of the world,” Amber said while noting that the plane ticket cost would cut deeply into her Black Friday shopping money. “My friend Jenna lives all the way in California, and her parents are flying her out for Thanksgiving. And she’s 28.”

“These are $250 plane tickets we’re talking about,” Amber added. “From my savings account.”

If there is any silver lining in this tragedy, it’s that Amber’s parents are continuing to pay for her portion of the family cell phone plan. For now.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Jesus fuck Christ I want to slap her. I could imagine a conversation like that with my parents even now.
Mom "Thanksgiving is at noon. Don't be late."
Me "I don't have the money to make it there."
Mom "Then walk or learn to save better. Christmas breakfast is at 8am.......START WALKING NOW, if you miss both holidays I'll beat your ass then disown you!"

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
you have got to be fucking kidding me.

if she went to college, then WTF kind of education did she get ? 40k a year isnt great but it's better than flippin burgers.

idiot cunt

Probably some bullshit degree from an art school like Basket Weaving or some shit.

This is what happens when you give kids participation trophies.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The real irony is that shit like this could and I am sure does happen.

Remember this? And it was real!

New Jersey teen sues parents to pay for college education - CNN.com

No doubt there are entitled twenty somethings out there. I'm not questioning that. I'm questioning how people read an article clearly written as a satire piece and walk away from it thinking it's real and the same people who's common sense appears to have failed them are critiquing the generation in the article. It's just ironic.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
No doubt there are entitled twenty somethings out there. I'm not questioning that. I'm questioning how people read an article clearly written as a satire piece and walk away from it thinking it's real and the same people who's common sense appears to have failed them are critiquing the generation in the article. It's just ironic.

They won't understand what you are trying to say. Let me translate for you.

:mikek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info