Hot tubs, sauna, jacuzzi discussion

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Really been thinking of getting one, going to pawn it off as graduation present for the gf.

What brands, types should I be looking at? The only limiting factor is the size since I'm going to house it in a enclosed gazebo I have out back, I imagine on the specs they would have all the measurements I need to make sure it would fit.

:pedobear:

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
start looking on craigslist.

i would never buy a new one. you can find a few year old unit for pennys on the dollar from what they are new. and dont be scared if they need some plumbing or electric repairs. theyre are wired similar to a furnace. stupid simple.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
ive been watching craigslist for broke ones lately, I looked at new ones a couple years ago if you want something decent you will be paying 5-6k for it, and thats just decent, you can pick up one of those for about 600 bucks 5 years old in working order off craigslist, or buy a base model new one for 2k that has like 4 jets in it and one light

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
The way I see it is its a gift... I can't in my mind... Gift something used.... Even though she's been sending Craigslist adds like crazy for the 'if you can move it or fix it's yours'...

Not a fan, i know what goes on in those things....

I understand what you are saying, but if she is the one sending you the links then get the woman what she wants.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I meant electric bill.
I paid $750 for ours 3 years ago.

All I have done is fix the heater (which cost zero dollars) and repaired a cracked pipe.
That involved draining the tub, flipping it on its side, hacking out the spray foam, repairing leak, re-foaming and re-filling.
It sucked but only cost 5 bucks plus water

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I had the $10K Hot Springs top of the line tub when I lived in Chicago. Built my sunroom around it. When it finally breaks, the new owner is going to have to take down a wall or disassemble it to get it out.

I had two warranty repairs performed under the 5 year warranty. Even the expensive tubs are made cheap enough that they break. Both my repairs were failed electronics.

Best thing I ever did was put a TV out in the sunroom. I bought used TVs on craigslist because they would fail from the damp conditions after a year or two. If you have people over all the time, music is better but, if you are sitting out there by yourself, a TV is great.

Few things in life are as good as naked hot tub parties. Lots of drinks so the women loosen up and then fun, fun, fun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info