Jamaica, who has been there?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So a group of 8 of us are heading to Negril Jamaica in January. Fist time any of us have been there, all of us travel together once a year and have been all over Mexico and the Dominican. Just looking for some pointers and recommendations on what to check out and what to stay away from. Looks like Rick's Cafe and a booze cruise is a must. Thanks in advance

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
No different than Mexico.

Last time I was in Mexico, we were walking through a bunch of street vendors and one guy invited us into his head shop. I told him no thanks. After he persisted, I told him we didn't even have anything to smoke. Guys says to wait a minute and comes back with a baggie. I took a look at it. He's talking about how good the product is. I looked, smelled and almost told him it smelled like crappy Mexican to me. Realized where I was and politely declined instead.

stock-t-bird

THORNTON QUARRY
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2008
Thornton Quarry
been to Jamaica 5x...you will land in Montego Bay..1-1/2hours to Negril..Jamaicans drive fkn crazy, will be an interesting bus ride,trust me.

On a 7-day trip,alternate between resort & excursions..get out and see the Island..its not bad..lots of poverty.Leave the resort with a tour guide/bus which your Hotel will help you with.

weed is not a problem,as stated.Food will be good..Red Stripe will be your beer along with Appleton Rum.

go to Trip Advisor & type in your resort for some advice.

Sandals/Breezes/RIU/Apple vaca?..you will be ok..have fun---yeah mon

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
been to Jamaica 5x...you will land in Montego Bay..1-1/2hours to Negril..Jamaicans drive fkn crazy, will be an interesting bus ride,trust me.

On a 7-day trip,alternate between resort & excursions..get out and see the Island..its not bad..lots of poverty.Leave the resort with a tour guide/bus which your Hotel will help you with.

weed is not a problem,as stated.Food will be good..Red Stripe will be your beer along with Appleton Rum.

go to Trip Advisor & type in your resort for some advice.

Sandals/Breezes/RIU/Apple vaca?..you will be ok..have fun---yeah mon
Thanks, and yes we normally try and do an excursion every other day.
What excursions do you recommend?
We booked thru Apple, staying at the RIU

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info