Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
lemme-holla-at-cha-o.gif

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
This has to be fake. First off, the only people that aggressive on Hollywood Boulevard are the street performers. Everybody else is a tourist. Not to mention the last scenario is just totally unbelievable.

I don't know what the laws are for taping in public but for individual interactions like that I think they all would have needed to sign a production release as well which they wouldn't have for obvious reasons.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
fuck all these people who think that lying to serve their cause is worthwhile or helps make a point. all it does is make me turn you off and say fuck you. if there is a real problem i don't give a shit you've lost all credibility to tell me about it.

one of the annoying things i see repeated a lot lately, most often in that video full of 8 year old girls put in there by their feminist mommies, is that women earn 78 cents on the dollar of a man for the same job. the actual stat is for '40 hour workers' - someone who poorly understands statistics might think this means a woman makes 78 cents on the dollar for a man for the same job, but not feminist journalists and those that made that video - they are just outright fucking liars trying to get more attention. the attention you get from lying to me is a big FUCK YOU.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
fuck all these people who think that lying to serve their cause is worthwhile or helps make a point. all it does is make me turn you off and say fuck you. if there is a real problem i don't give a shit you've lost all credibility to tell me about it.

one of the annoying things i see repeated a lot lately, most often in that video full of 8 year old girls put in there by their feminist mommies, is that women earn 78 cents on the dollar of a man for the same job. the actual stat is for '40 hour workers' - someone who poorly understands statistics might think this means a woman makes 78 cents on the dollar for a man for the same job, but not feminist journalists and those that made that video - they are just outright fucking liars trying to get more attention. the attention you get from lying to me is a big FUCK YOU.

Well feminists are just going to try and justify the stat by saying, 'Why aren't women given the same types of jobs as men?"

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Well feminists are just going to try and justify the stat by saying, 'Why aren't women given the same types of jobs as men?"

i met a girl on tinder and said this is an easy metric to make simply by choice. she seemed willfully ignorant or an idiot until i said i'd produce it with a spreadsheet for her, and she asked to see it.

75 female teachers 50k, 25 males teachers 50k
25 female consultants 90k, 75 male consultants 90k

ta-da: women make 75 cents on the dollar, but no one is underpaid, men make the same as women.

she stopped talking me not long after. she was acting like i was an idiot, didn't understand and was wrong; she had also just graduated with a major in women's studies. apparently 4 years where she didn't learn anything, including basic math.

she also thought were it not for environment/misogyny that women would be just as likely to do a job as men. construction workers? why not, 50/50. etc.

this also stupidly ignores the fields where women excel. i don't disagree that there are some areas where men and women do the same job and women do have a pay gap, but it sure as hell is not 22%.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Do you have any evidence that the statistic itself is based on 40 hour weeks and not the same job? I'm not saying I doubt you, I just would like it for my own ammo. :)

It's true if by true you mean one more person has seen the same statistics. Women by and large dominate low paying professions. You can get into the hows and whys of that. Maybe men are motivated more by potential income. The fact of that matter is for the same job I believe the difference was something like +/- 3%. So basically the difference was within the margin of error.

But at the end of the day for any comparison in wages to be accurate you need to have a controlled sample of people in the same profession doing the same work, for the same amount of time, etc. You can't just say "this female school bus driver makes $20,000 a year and this male mechanical engineer makes $100,000. Women make 20% of what men make!".

That's why the saying from Mark Twain "There are lies, there are damned lies and there are statistics" rings true. Statistics are useless in the wrong context and can be used to suit any narrative.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
It's true if by true you mean one more person has seen the same statistics. Women by and large dominate low paying professions. You can get into the hows and whys of that. Maybe men are motivated more by potential income. The fact of that matter is for the same job I believe the difference was something like +/- 3%. So basically the difference was within the margin of error.

men need to make more so dumb bitches will actually date them.

Because MOST women are materialistic

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info