Team Octane likes this

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
92 Oldsmobile Achieva SC 65k Miles Cheap!

00v0v_lLmBi3Jmjrz_600x450.jpg

00x0x_eTlCjgRxHW3_600x450.jpg

00V0V_dUqoARk4IS2_600x450.jpg

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
:rofl: I don't know anything about these cars. It is clean and cheap tho. WTF is SCX?

SCX was made in 92 and 93 and was a "performance" model with the H/O Quad 4(different cams, better exhaust, and different tune), with a few styling tweaks. The biggest difference was the performance modifications which included primarily for competitive use in showroom stock racing series such as the IMSA Firehawk and SCCA Grand-Am World Challenge. Different suspension parts on the SCX-specific FX3 RPO code suspension. The suspension changes had a bigger diameter front sway bar, a wider rear axle with dual rear sway bars, "Computer Command Ride" electronically adjustable struts and shock absorbers, as well as higher spring rates and bushing changes.

A part I didn't know though, was that you could order it with or without A/C. 6 were made without in 92, and 5 without in 93. Those 11 were built already race prepped with no A/C, baffled fuel tank, different computer tune for a 7400 rpm redline. They also had a Torsen LSD which I read would have been put in the trunk of the car, but not installed by the factory

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
SCX was made in 92 and 93 and was a "performance" model with the H/O Quad 4(different cams, better exhaust, and different tune), with a few styling tweaks. The biggest difference was the performance modifications which included primarily for competitive use in showroom stock racing series such as the IMSA Firehawk and SCCA Grand-Am World Challenge. Different suspension parts on the SCX-specific FX3 RPO code suspension. The suspension changes had a bigger diameter front sway bar, a wider rear axle with dual rear sway bars, "Computer Command Ride" electronically adjustable struts and shock absorbers, as well as higher spring rates and bushing changes.

A part I didn't know though, was that you could order it with or without A/C. 6 were made without in 92, and 5 without in 93. Those 11 were built already race prepped with no A/C, baffled fuel tank, different computer tune for a 7400 rpm redline. They also had a Torsen LSD which I read would have been put in the trunk of the car, but not installed by the factory
HOLY HELL!! That is a bad ass factory car!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info