Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
What a vicious beast!

Both parties need to be smacked in the back of the head with a fucking 2x4.

SEE IT: Dog shot dead by SWAT team during alleged dispute over neighborhood dog waste - NY Daily News

A SWAT team sent to handle an alleged neighborhood dispute over dog waste ended up killing the dog, and igniting a firestorm of criticism against the local police force.

In dramatic video capturing the end of Saturday's hours-long standoff involving Racine, Wisc. police, a small dog is seen being shot dead by a line of approaching officers moments after set loose.

Neighbor Kim Polk described the shooting as the result of one irate resident refusing to pick up after his dog when confronted by her, and then violently threatening to kill her own pooch.

It was that threat, first with a bow and arrow and then with a machete, that she said led to her family calling 911 and a SWAT team approaching the man's home.

"After several hours of dialogue with crisis negotiators, the barricaded subject ultimately made good on his threat to introduce the dog into the active standoff," said Howell in the statement obtained by Racine County Eye.

"After the dog was released, the dynamics of this encounter changed. Officers, who for over three hours were focused on peacefully resolving this crisis through dialogue, were now forced to deal with the distraction and unpredictability of having the subject's dog moving through the scene of this active encounter at a critical time," Howell continued.

Just to people are aware, the dog was 3 years old, this is obviously not how the dog looked when shot.

dog4n-5-web.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
A 3 year old Blue Heeler is not what you see in that photo in the article. They get to be about 35-40 pounds and are stocky. Not the puppy in the picture. You make threats to hurt cops with armor piercing crossbow and with your dog you can't imagine things would turn out this way? You think if the guy walked out aiming the cross bow at the cops, refused to drop the weapon and was aggressive they wouldn't have dropped the guy? Sure they would.

The owner should not have put the dog in harms way. Shame on the guy for doing that. Sounds like a situation over some dog poop got WAY out of hand.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The puppy picture was obviously used for sympathy but a 3 year old heeler is not a huge dog either way.

But both parties involved are fucking idiots. Dont threaten to use your dog as a weapon and a full on swat team shouldnt have felt threatened by a 40lb dog.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
A 3 year old Blue Heeler is not what you see in that photo in the article. You make threats to hurt cops with armor piercing crossbow and with your dog you can't imagine things would turn out this way? You think if the guy walked out aiming the cross bow at the cops, refused to drop the weapon and was aggressive they wouldn't have dropped the guy? Sure they would.

The owner should not have put the dog in harms way. Shame on the guy for doing that. Sounds like a situation over some dog poop got WAY out of hand.

yeah I just noticed that too. so it was around 60-70lbs but it was NONAGGRESIVE and was walking away from police. still not justified IMO

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The puppy picture was obviously used for sympathy but a 3 year old heeler is not a huge dog either way.

They are cattle dogs. They gwere breed to go up against much larger animals. If one was advancing towards you in an aggressive manner would you be worried it could do damage to you? I am sure you would. I don't like the dog was shot. But I don't think the dog was gonna come over to them and lay on it's back for tummy petting.

Sucks for sure. But blame the owner for putting the dog in that situation.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
yeah I just noticed that too. so it was around 60-70lbs but it was NONAGGRESIVE and was walking away from police. still not justified IMO

I am at work and watching it with out sound. But I do not see the dog turning around and walking back to the house. I assume the shots have the dog going back.

Ya, it sucks either way you look at it.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
You have an answer for literally everything :rofl:

Ford Dog Breeder Aficionado.

I knew someone who had them on their farm in Savanna IL.

A fucking full on swat team should have nothing to fear from a dog. Sorry, but thats my opinion.

You are crazy. A dog can tear up a person very easily. Especially one like a doberman or German Sheppard. Why do you think the swat team has one of their own? :picard: lol

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois

Hrmm. That German Shepard looked huge compared to that poor dog. And GS are about 60-90lbs. That dog looked half the size. I don't see any justification either in that shooting. Bunch of garbage.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
They are cattle dogs. They were breed to go up against much larger animals. If one was advancing towards you in an aggressive manner would you be worried it could do damage to you? I am sure you would. I don't like the dog was shot. But I don't think the dog was gonna come over to them and lay on it's back for tummy petting.

Sucks for sure. But blame the owner for putting the dog in that situation.

While I agree the owner is a total moron, they were bred to herd cattle not so much "go up against large animals" like a dog bred to fight bulls or bears...

They get the name heeler because they'll usually nip at the heels of the person or animal they're trying to herd... Was the swat team worried he would group them all together? LOL

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
You are crazy. A dog can tear up a person very easily. Especially one like a doberman or German Sheppard. Why do you think the swat team has one of their own? :picard: lol

Except in this case the dog was neither of those. It was a dog let outside into the yard then SWAT, guys in full gear, decided it was a threat, rather than the guy threatening them with a crossbow and machete.

The owner is at fault and the cops are at fault. The dog didnt have to die, as is the case in most of these shootings.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
if strangers are approaching my house, my dog goes up "aggressive" (barking sometimes hair up, but tail wagging) expecaill if there is another dog. But as soon as my dog reaches you. she turns into the lovable mutt that she is. most dogs that i know do this. they sniff you and walk away or stay for the petting.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
While I agree the owner is a total moron, they were bred to herd cattle not so much "go up against large animals" like a dog bred to fight bulls or bears...

They get the name heeler because they'll usually nip at the heels of the person or animal they're trying to herd... Was the swat team worried he would group them all together? LOL

And the officers on the spot know this? They see a stocky 40(ish) pound dog barking at them. With no previous knowledge of how the owner has trained the dog. The owner said he would let the dog out to attach them. I would take the owners word on that when the dog was released.

if strangers are approaching my house, my dog goes up "aggressive" (barking sometimes hair up, but tail wagging) expecaill if there is another dog. But as soon as my dog reaches you. she turns into the lovable mutt that she is. most dogs that i know do this. they sniff you and walk away or stay for the petting.

So the swat should wait to see if the dog licks them or bites them before they do something?

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
And the officers on the spot know this? They see a stocky 40(ish) pound dog barking at them. With no previous knowledge of how the owner has trained the dog. The owner said he would let the dog out to attach them. I would take the owners word on that when the dog was released.

So the swat should wait to see if the dog licks them or bites them before they do something?

What video you watching? The dog came out I see no agression. Probably had to take a piss. He turns around to go back to house they open fire. Im not sure what you are arguing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info