Scrap or sell an older freezer?

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
you could try selling it probably worth more than scrap, scrap is down to 160 per ton right now, i was thinking like the round 50's type those are worth decent bucks to sell

What's the going price to ask?

turn into kegerator drink beer be happy

I tried turning it down, but it'll still freeze.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
sunny508-00001.jpg

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
Bet some hipster in bucktown would love to display that

If they'd like that, I've got a original casg iron stove too. Not selling now because we haven't redone our kitchen, but I think it's pretty neat.

If it works why get rid of it, Store a bunch of meat or whatever. If worst comes to worst turn it into a smoker...

We were given a newer fridge for free. So we'd have 2 plus this freezer.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
4b0315e0b72c1ff9e02d50c34c9c5ac9.jpg

Think I'm going to do this for the backyard this summer.

My brother in law did that. Everytime I go to Texas, it's always stocked with beer. :bigthumb:

When I get my new house, I'll need a bigger freezer for all the meat I get every year. Right now I have a smaller box freezer and the entire freezer portion of the refrigerator (including the ice bucket) is full of meat.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
4b0315e0b72c1ff9e02d50c34c9c5ac9.jpg

Think I'm going to do this for the backyard this summer.

you can't just tip a fridge/freezer like that. Locations of the condenser, possibly evaporator, and orientation of the compressor need to be changed as well.

You'll starve the compressor of oil and burn it up. if its a forced air evap (not a cold wall type), its not going to drain right and drain water all over your freezer and or freeze the coil all the time. Depending on the type of condenser coil you have too, its not going to work either.

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
you can't just tip a fridge/freezer like that. Locations of the condenser, possibly evaporator, and orientation of the compressor need to be changed as well.

You'll starve the compressor of oil and burn it up. if its a forced air evap (not a cold wall type), its not going to drain right and drain water all over your freezer and or freeze the coil all the time. Depending on the type of condenser coil you have too, its not going to work either.

i was wondering how the hell primalizers friend would pull that off. hell just moving a fridge on its back and then plugging it in upright can kill it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info