transporting led tv- any problem laying the box flat?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
If you put it in its original packing, with the foam and all...they can take a beating.

I know because I used to work truck nights at Best Buy....Cannot confirm nor deny things that may have happened during those nights..

...you're probably the reason i went through 3 tv's before i got a non-broken one from my local best buy 3 years ago.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
...you're probably the reason i went through 3 tv's before i got a non-broken one from my local best buy 3 years ago.

Mayhaps.... Probably not though; I took very good care of the products I handled, I cannot speak for other people.

..That awkward moment that the ONE time you drop a TV and think it's fine, it gets returned two days later with a cracked screen. Customer claims it's cracked out of the box, manager calling him a liar, pull manager aside to explain that it was probably due to me... Oops. :mamoru:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Mayhaps.... Probably not though; I took very good care of the products I handled, I cannot speak for other people.

..That awkward moment that the ONE time you drop a TV and think it's fine, it gets returned two days later with a cracked screen. Customer claims it's cracked out of the box, manager calling him a liar, pull manager aside to explain that it was probably due to me... Oops. :mamoru:

the manager's i dealt with never battled me thank god.

they would have lost that battle.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
You'd be surprised man. There's some managers out there that are smart, and take the hit as long as you can tell it wasn't intentionally done (wii-mote through the screen...). There's others that would allow the customer to have to waste their own time to either contact corporate to get a $25 gift card, and let the store get a "no no that's not how we do it" phone call from corporate, or take their product to a different store.

I have hours of retail nightmare/horror stories that I can tell after only working in customer service (I was a "supervisor") for a few months...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
You'd be surprised man. There's some managers out there that are smart, and take the hit as long as you can tell it wasn't intentionally done (wii-mote through the screen...). There's others that would allow the customer to have to waste their own time to either contact corporate to get a $25 gift card, and let the store get a "no no that's not how we do it" phone call from corporate, or take their product to a different store.

I have hours of retail nightmare/horror stories that I can tell after only working in customer service (I was a "supervisor") for a few months...

i drove right back after I opened the thing both times with fury.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
if I can get it in my back seat that's where it will go.. . but I don't think it will fit. I don't think the doors open far enough

The box for my 60" took the entire back of my trailblazer up seats folded down laying flat one end touching the ceiling behind the front seats the other smashed against the back hatch, the box was like the size of a fucking sheet of plywood lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info