Funny story time.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
So we have had our dog Johnny now for about 3 months, everything is great. Nothing is really known about his past. It's been thought that the 3 pins in his left rear are from being hit by a car. And I agree with this now because he makes hast when crossing the road.

Now since we have had him, I noticed that he has a very,very intense pray drive. I'm talking every squirrel, every chipmunk, every rabbit and anything else that could be considered food he keys up on and will not back off. We will walk, he see it. We keep walking and so does he, but he will not take his eyes off it. And the next day where he saw said food he will look again.

And from time to time, when we are walking I will allow him to tree a squirrel and he will try to climb said tree.

Which leads me to believe he was a feral dog for sometime and fended for himself. And that would also explain the pins in his leg.

So all of this leads me to my funny story.

About 1pm today I got a phone call from the wife. As normal I say hi and the 1st words out of her mouth was "OMG don't be made at me, but I have to tell you something".

My fist thought was, was fuck did he scrap with another dog, did he get loose and take off on her.

So I asked what's wrong, and within that second she starts crying and blithering like a 5 year old.

That while her and Johnny were on their walk this afternoon. That he ate a chipmunk. I instantly bust out laughing. And she tells me "it's not funny". All the while she's crying.

I was asked her what happened. And in short hand they were walking and he was heeling like normal a little behind her, when all of a sudden he darted off in to the bushes a few roads down from our house where the walk started. And once she realized what happened she yanked on his leash and he came out of the bushes with what is presumed to be a chipmunk or a squirrel hanging out of his mouth.

She yelled at him to put it down and used every command that she could think of and nothing happened. So she crabbed said animals tail as it was sticking out of his mouth. And he growled at her. So she backed off. (don't blame her. dude has a set of chompers)

Well it was swallowed and a quick gag and done.

As she is telling me this; I continue to fucking laugh my ass off.

And on point she was like "I knew he always wanted them, but I would have never thought that he would have really ate it."

I in return ask her, " What in the flying fuck did you think he was going to do with said animals? Just fucking play with them? Of course he was going to eat it."

Then she proceeds to tell me that "I will never look at him the same way again. He killed a poor chipmunk."

I told her thousands of times that "he is a dog, he is an animal, they do not have morals and do not think like us humans. They rely on instinct. And that we have thought him to be a feral dog since day one."

She was like what's going to happen? I said I don't fucking know. I had dogs that would bring their pray back to me, but never one that really ate it. Worst case he yaks or gets the shits.

So yea, I dunno I thought it was funny as all hell. And this is her 1st dog ever, and she learned a harsh lesson that you really don't humanize a dog. Because at the end of the day. It's still a dog. They have only been around for a 1000 years and no matter how much you can debate selective breeding you will never take the natural instinct out of them. Well atleast for another 1000 years.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Chipmunks-and-their-puppy-alvin-and-the-chipmunks-28970056-500-305.png

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
My dog killed a chipmunk inside our yard. I was washing my car. I hear or dogs going nuts and my wife screaming. Me thinking my dog is ripping apart my sister in laws dog, I go running into the back yard. My wife is blubbering like a baby at the door and my dog is standing there with a chipmunk at her feet and a big ass smile on her face looking at me like. Look what I did daddy. My wife is still is traumatized by it. I joke about it all the time.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Hrrm, so lets see here. Unlike your dog, my dog would probably actually try to play with the chipmunk.

One day, I let her out to roam about the yard. Being we don't have a fence, I keep an eye on her so she doesn't get into trouble. As it turns out, there was an opossum walking by the fence line as fast as it could (which isn't very fast by the way) trying to get away from us because dog. Well, apparently this dog is half blind because the opossum froze up and was just mid step with some form of snarl on its face. Being the curious sort I am, I let this engagement continue because my dog was totally oblivious to the fact that the opossum was even there. It took her a good 5 minutes to discover it. No snarling, growling or barking took place. My dog decided that it would be a good idea to try and play with it as if it was another dog. There are days I really, really wonder why I ever said yes to having a second dog. Most of them really.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Hrrm, so lets see here. Unlike your dog, my dog would probably actually try to play with the chipmunk.

One day, I let her out to roam about the yard. Being we don't have a fence, I keep an eye on her so she doesn't get into trouble. As it turns out, there was an opossum walking by the fence line as fast as it could (which isn't very fast by the way) trying to get away from us because dog. Well, apparently this dog is half blind because the opossum froze up and was just mid step with some form of snarl on its face. Being the curious sort I am, I let this engagement continue because my dog was totally oblivious to the fact that the opossum was even there. It took her a good 5 minutes to discover it. No snarling, growling or barking took place. My dog decided that it would be a good idea to try and play with it as if it was another dog. There are days I really, really wonder why I ever said yes to having a second dog. Most of them really.

My dog has terrier running through and through it's DNA.

And if needed, I would advise to read on what a terrier was and is.

FYI, no disrespect. Just saying.

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
I had something similar happen when I stilled lived with my parents. My dog is very good about staying in our yard so I rarely have him on a leash when we go out to do his business. One morning my mom lets him out, he sees a rabbit and immediately starts chasing it. We have a large back porch that's elevated off the ground so he saw it before the rabbit knew what was going on. He used the porch like a runway and took off, chasing the rabbit and actually took a chunk out of its cheek but it got away. My mom comes in all histerical and explains what happened. I try not to laugh as I'm actually proud he was able to partially catch one after trying for so long.

At my current place there's a family of rabbits that's often in my yard. Every few days he spots one of them, gives them a good quick chase before I yell at him to come back. It's like a game now, we've gone out a few times where it took me a good five min to see the rabbit as they are scarred straight and remaining completely still. I now try and prevent these chance encounters as I don't want to have to deal with the inevitable mess. Still kinda funny when I spot one, hiding, looking scarred as all hell.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
My new pup is going after squirrels like crazy now..... Now that shes over 6 months old shes actually getting closer... Hoping she doesn't actually get a hold of one but know that if she does it's not the end of the world.

Just be more concerned if she gets scratched or bitten by it than anything.

I can't blame her at this point, the bastard has been just messing with her since she was a puppy.... This was at 4 months old...

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
My new pup is going after squirrels like crazy now..... Now that shes over 6 months old shes actually getting closer... Hoping she doesn't actually get a hold of one but know that if she does it's not the end of the world.

Just be more concerned if she gets scratched or bitten by it than anything.

I can't blame her at this point, the bastard has been just messing with her since she was a puppy.... This was at 4 months old...

That squirrel is a dick. His time is coming, that's for sure.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
My dog tore the head right off a goose. For some reason this goose decided it was a good idea to put his neck through are fence. This happened right in front of the wife. She was not to happy seeing the goose flounder around and squirt blood. Oh well that was one of the best prey driving dogs I have every had. He loved to take on possum (which are mean fckers), skunks,squirrels, rabbits you name it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info