Mike
Bonus, its rare as fuck.

11-year-old hunter bags rare albino deer

oY2ntsc.jpg

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I'm all up for eating meat, but bragging about killing a defenseless animal is weak.

Kill an animal that could kill you with everyone using what nature gave you, that's sport.

I can see why you would view it that way, but I suppose I have always viewed it differently. Deer can be pretty wary creatures and provide a good challenge to any outdoorsman that attempts to hunt them. I don't think that feeling a sense of accomplishment for successfully hunting a deer should be any different from when you land a big fish. Sure, neither one had a chance at hunting you, per se, but then again that's not really the point. There is much more that goes into hunting big game than walking into a field and shooting the animal. The sense of accomplishment comes from the culmination of all of that. There are significant differences between being proud of a successful hunt and merely bragging about a kill.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
But nature gave us big brains to make weapons with

Agreed! Us not using our brains in order to hunt a deer, because its not a fair match, would be like that same deer not using its great sense of smell in order to avoid us. You use what you were born with.

With that said, I also do feel more self respect gained when I have challenged myself to a proper hunt without carrying thousands of dollars worth of gizmos into the field. But then again, I hunt for the challenge in addition to the meat. If I were an old time farmer who needed to put meat on the table in order to not have my family starve then I would use any means necessary to do so.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info