Looking for round or square stock, solid steel.....

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Damn I can't get that much steel out of work.

X2, would love to help but that's a lot.

This does not have to be all at once and not everything needs to be identically sized. I just am looking for scrap pieces approximately that size that weigh 5+ lbs per bar. If I had to wait like a month to accumulate all 16 pieces it is not a big deal at all. I will make it worth your while in beers!

If there is a remote possibility either of you guys could lose your job or get in serious trouble do not bother, I do not want to put you into that type of situation.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I've got an 18" round billet of stainless about 3" thick. you could wear it like a ninja turtle shell?

Lol

What about PVC pipe and concrete?

I have the vest already and it is well balanced. It has 16 pockets and the weights are essentially sand filled pouches. Just trying to replace the sand pouches with something more substantial.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
in all seriousness, go up to any tire joint, slip the kid a 10$ and walk away with a 50lb bucket of used wheel weights, melt in fire, pour into shallow troughs in the ground to make lead ingots
or just clip off all the ends with snips and toss em in the pockets.

on the plus side youll be jogging with radiation shielding from here on out.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Since getting solid pieces of steel may be a bit of a challenge, why not try steel BB's in there instead? With their curved surface, I don't know it their weight density will end up being enough to be beneficial, but it may be worth a try! Perhaps lead shot double bagged to prevent lead poisoning could be another option too.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
in all seriousness, go up to any tire joint, slip the kid a 10$ and walk away with a 50lb bucket of used wheel weights, melt in fire, pour into shallow troughs in the ground to make lead ingots
or just clip off all the ends with snips and toss em in the pockets.

on the plus side youll be jogging with radiation shielding from here on out.

Fucking genius James! I am going to try this.

Since getting solid pieces of steel may be a bit of a challenge, why not try steel BB's in there instead? With their curved surface, I don't know it their weight density will end up being enough to be beneficial, but it may be worth a try! Perhaps lead shot double bagged to prevent lead poisoning could be another option too.

I was looking at lead shot yesterday, still kind of expensive in my brief research. Will look a little more though.

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
If I were you, I would try and find some used downrigger balls for Lake Michigan Salmon trolling and melt them down into bars. Via: Ebay or craigslist.

I use 50/50 solder bars regularly for custom metal work, if you can't find any and want to pony up the dough for new materials I use Chris Industries in Northbrook for supplies.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info