Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Comcast plans data limits for all customers - May. 15, 2014

David Cohen, executive vice president of America's largest cable company, predicted at a conference Wednesday that in five years' time, the company will have "a usage-based billing model rolled out across its footprint."

Cohen said the company would aim to set the limit at a level where "the vast majority of our customers" wouldn't be affected. He speculated that the limit might be set at 350 gigabytes or 500 gigabytes per month. A cap of that size would allow you to download or stream between 70 and 125 HD movies, which typically run about four or five gigabytes in size.

Comcast is currently experimenting with 300 GB data limits in some markets, charging those customers $10 for each additional block of 50 GB. There's also a 5 GB "flexible data" option for light users. Those plans were introduced after the company scrapped its hard 250 GB monthly cap back in 2012.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So IN. I wish I could make a living in the middle of the WI woods somewhere.

it's weird, because you get to looking into what you pay in mortgage interest, property taxes per year, satellite, internet, cell phone, utilities, etc...

it makes living in a small cabin, with a woodburning stove & oven... electricity for simple things including plumbing... away from 8k per year taxes, $150 a month nicor gas bills, $300 worth of gas to get you to the job where you waste away, etc etc.. .it almost becomes silly to think about living the "programmed" life.

/hipster hippy random rant

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
it's weird, because you get to looking into what you pay in mortgage interest, property taxes per year, satellite, internet, cell phone, utilities, etc...

it makes living in a small cabin, with a woodburning stove & oven... electricity for simple things including plumbing... away from 8k per year taxes, $150 a month nicor gas bills, $300 worth of gas to get you to the job where you waste away, etc etc.. .it almost becomes silly to think about living the "programmed" life.

/hipster hippy random rant

You forgot to mention racecar costs :rofl: no need for racecars in the woods. :jg:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Just a badass truck, and you're good to go.

01717_5wvaU2qHliF_600x450.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info