Ticket Dismissable?

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Just got pulle over this morning from an Elmhurst officer undercovere in a Pontiac. He gave me a ticket for 80 in a 50. Thing is my radar detector didn't go off at all and he wasn't pacing me because it was right from a stop. And I know I was going 70 because I was watching my speedometer. On te ticket he ha none of the method used boxes checked just has u/c written near it?(I'm guessing it means undercover because it's written by the officer vehicle type thingy?) he told me he had to do 95 to catch me but he did fly up on my ass like I was standing still

I wouldn't care and would just get court supervision except it'd still go on my record due to my CDL. So I'd rather if this vanished and was wondering if it's possible to get it dropped because of the unknown how he even clocked me? Or am I fucked? Can I call the PD and ask how I was clocked and if they don't say they'll drop it?

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Just got pulle over this morning from an Elmhurst officer undercovere in a Pontiac. He gave me a ticket for 80 in a 50. Thing is my radar detector didn't go off at all and he wasn't pacing me because it was right from a stop. And I know I was going 70 because I was watching my speedometer. On te ticket he ha none of the method used boxes checked just has u/c written near it?(I'm guessing it means undercover because it's written by the officer vehicle type thingy?) he told me he had to do 95 to catch me but he did fly up on my ass like I was standing still

I wouldn't care and would just get court supervision except it'd still go on my record due to my CDL. So I'd rather if this vanished and was wondering if it's possible to get it dropped because of the unknown how he even clocked me? Or am I fucked? Can I call the PD and ask how I was clocked and if they don't say they'll drop it?

I would have asked to see his radar gun.

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
Get that ass lube bro
you_gonna_get_rapped_13.jpg

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I'd say get a lawyer as well. It'll be your best bet. They'll know the ins and outs and what not. Being an occasional couch lawyer, I would assume legally if you requested any evidence (proof of radar or other proof of you being guilty) that they would have to share it with you to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

But with today's day and age, who knows. :dunno: I can give you a number if you'd like to speak with an attorney.

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
I was thinking attorney but won't that cost me a shitload of money? I mean I wouldn't mind a few hundred bucks to keep it off my liscense but thousands I'd take the hit to the liscense instead. Or do they not cost that much for this type of stuff?

I appreciate the help guys. Second time in a few weeks I got accused of speeding without being clocked. First one was even worse though he just said he heard me going too fast but gave me a no front plate ticket to be nice he said....

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
I would love to do the court supervision but it will still go on the record due to the CDL. Otherwise I wouldn't care and would just pay it even though he made it for more then I was going. I didn't even think about asking about the gun until I realized that he hadn't actually gotten my speed I figured my speedometer was fucked up because it did work to it but I recalibrated it already so it was good. Idk if it'd help but on the ticket he got every check mark in the box good except the on saying it was during daylight which convieniently is right above the hh radar method of catching so it seems like the X is between both of them. And he put 80+ on the mph part?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info