Cops gun down homeless man for illegally camping in shocking helmet-cam footage

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
"38-year-old with a history of violence and mental illness" also "threatening police and k-9 unit" with a weapon in his hand.

Seriously, is the outcome such a surprise?...

If you watch the video, at no point does he make a threatening gesture, and is even complying to leave, until they shoot a flash-bang at him. He drops his stuff and has two pocket knives.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Yeah. He was clearly complying and about to walk down when they threw a flashbang. Do you honestly, for a single second, think he's going to comply with orders when he just became partially blinded and deaf? I'm not talking belligerence, I'm talking about the fact he probably can't hear or fucking see.

Fucking cops.

I'll continue to say it. The older and older I get, the more disdain I have for cops. I know it's the few bad ones fucking it up but it seems like the "few" bad ones are becoming the norm. Just like another argument regarding a certain people.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Lethal force for someone that wasn't using the same. Seems reasonable.

I bet they all patted each other on the back afterwards and made statements like "there was nothing else we could do".

Assuming the guy wasn't pointing an AK47 at them before the video starts, they are murderers.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Lethal force for someone that wasn't using the same. Seems reasonable.

I bet they all patted each other on the back afterwards and made statements like "there was nothing else we could do".

Assuming the guy wasn't pointing an AK47 at them before the video starts, they are murderers.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Usually I end up supporting the people having to use deadly force, whether it be cops or citizens, because there just isn't enough information in the video to determine if the other guy truly could have presented a threat. I see this case as being different.

It appears as if the guy was preparing to walk away with his hands clearly visible and not grasping a firearm. So what if he had a knife in each hand? He was wasn't within a distance to do any harm in that terrain considering the officers already had their carbines trained upon him. So while he had means and motive, he sure as heck didn't have opportunity given the weapons he had in his hands and the rough terrain he would have to cross to advance on said officers. I don't really see this shooting as justified, even considering the guy's previous history of violence and mental illness.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Not feeling as though this one was justified; however, this is just my opinion.

Let the investigation sort this out.

Ya. I must be missing what they are thinking here. The guy was picking his things up and coming down. So then they flash bomb him? Then they from what I saw. Shot him in the back. geeez

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Ya. I must be missing what they are thinking here. The guy was picking his things up and coming down. So then they flash bomb him? Then they from what I saw. Shot him in the back. geeez

I felt really uneasy when they kept yelling "put the knives down" while he is laying on his stomach screaming "Please don't hurt me anymore! I can't move!" Of course he can't move you just riddled him with a dozen carbine rounds.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
If you watch the video, at no point does he make a threatening gesture, and is even complying to leave, until they shoot a flash-bang at him. He drops his stuff and has two pocket knives.

You see that bag he has in his hand? When police tell you to do something, you do just that. Who knows if that bag contains more weapons, guns, bombs, etc... He had a knife in his hand as well. And, if he was in fact threatening police and the dog with that knife, it is completely justified.

I can't argue what really happened since i wasn't there, and neither were any of you. But yes, from the video it does look a bit excessive. But who knows what was said or done before the start of that film.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
You see that bag he has in his hand? When police tell you to do something, you do just that. Who knows if that bag contains more weapons, guns, bombs, etc... He had a knife in his hand as well. And, if he was in fact threatening police and the dog with that knife, it is completely justified.

I can't argue what really happened since i wasn't there, and neither were any of you. But yes, from the video it does look a bit excessive. But who knows what was said or done before the start of that film.

What I see from the video is the police blatantly lying to him when they say they'll walk down with him. So he complies, picks up his stuff, with no objection from the police telling to put it down, and they blind side him with a flash bang. Yeah I wasn't there, absolutely not, but I have a hard time believing the officers had the opinion that he was threatening them before the video started and didn't try less-lethal rounds (like the bean-bag gun they fired at him AFTER they pumped him full of carbine rounds) or stun-guns? Where in that video was deadly force necessary? When he staggered after the flash-bang, and becomes disoriented and drops his bags and has swiss army knife in his hands? Then stands there and turns around when they tell him to? Then they pepper him with carbine rounds?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info