So, I just jumped out of a plane.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
I think it would be such a great experience, but I just don't think it is worth the risk.

Yeah, you're more likely to die in a car accident...but I need to drive my car to get places. I don't need to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

blakbearddelite you are highly insurable. =)

along-came-polly_00128424.jpg

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I did it in 2010 as a tandem jump. I understand why others like it, but I didn't really get a rush from it. There isn't much sensation of speed other than feeling the air resistance, as there is nothing there to provide perspective as to how fast you are falling. Being up at 15,000+ feet you are high enough to not realize the ground is getting closer at 120 mph. I didn't feel there was much risk factor as the instructor was there to pull the chute and take care of everything in case shit went wrong. Once the chute was pulled, it was a fairly gentle float down to the ground and an easy landing.

I honestly have more fun and excitement driving go karts or if I'm at a stoplight next to another car that wants to give it a go. Maybe my skydiving instructor should've started screaming and acting like the chute failed. LOL :D

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I did it in 2010 as a tandem jump. I understand why others like it, but I didn't really get a rush from it. There isn't much sensation of speed other than feeling the air resistance, as there is nothing there to provide perspective as to how fast you are falling. Being up at 15,000+ feet you are high enough to not realize the ground is getting closer at 120 mph. I didn't feel there was much risk factor as the instructor was there to pull the chute and take care of everything in case shit went wrong. Once the chute was pulled, it was a fairly gentle float down to the ground and an easy landing.

I honestly have more fun and excitement driving go karts or if I'm at a stoplight next to another car that wants to give it a go. Maybe my skydiving instructor should've started screaming and acting like the chute failed. LOL :D

The go-pro dude that was filming didnt pull his chute at the same time. He waited a solid 15 seconds and I watched him fall away from us and THAT puts perspective into it.

If I remember right it's over ten tandem jumps before you go by yourself.

At skydive Chicago it's two tandem jumps, then you can sign up for afp class. It's like 3k to do the entire thing. ... like 25 jumps to get an a license. But you don't have to pay up front, or finish. It used to be like 200 for each step seperately.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I've gone twice and while I think it is an incredible experience, I agree with [MENTION=3601]Dan00Hawk[/MENTION]... Personally I think bungie jumping is WAY more of that "oh shit" sensation. I would absolutely skydive again, but more to take everything in than worry about the jump.

Bungie is a totally different beast because you have perspective of the ground and the sensation that you could actually die haha. I would highly recommend bungie if you like roller coasters or that type of effect.

Congrats on your first jump, it's always a hell of an experience that first time you step out of the plane.

VR SS

The ORIGINAL "NV MY SS"
Feb 23, 2009
Lake Geneva, WI
I jumped for my first time in sept of 2009 and got a video and pictures of it. I hate heights, but when your up there and you get to the edge, your so high up it looks unreal to me and for that reason, it is easy to leap out. There is a .5 second initial stomach loss, then after that, it's just air in your face. I don't know if I'd ever bungie jump. Skydiving you have 55 seconds to figure out how to fly REAL FAST if the chute doesn't open. That bungie breaks, no time to flap arms haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info