BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
Dori from "Finding Nemo" frame with added text to make it a meme that is funny

g1384887922502439165.jpg

And for the record, this is really not worthy of it's own thread and would have gone perfectly in "what made you laugh today." For new comers, that thread was a great way to get a TON of great LOLz in and spend hours subconciously getting to know most of the active people on the boards by scrolling through thousands of hilarious posts. Hell, there's some days where I would check in just to see if there were any updates to that thread, and then continue about my business. So what if there are reposts, at least they're all within the same thread, and most of the time, it's repost worthy material. I almost hesitated to post this since there was no "good place" to put it. Okay, backing away from the podium now...

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Sweet soapbox rant. You should be a politician. I'm not unlocking the thread.

In order for a message board to survive, new threads, new content MUST be made. Something pretty much no one other than myself does. Having a thread where a few, and I emphasize a few sit all day posting pics from five years ago isn't helping growth.

Topics and new discussions are stagnant. The purpose of closing that thread was to force people to leave their little comfort threads and contribute to the rest of the site. But instead of seeing big picture some of you would rather fight me on it. So be it. Not the first time you guys haven't been happy with something I've done. Wont be the last. I must shower now as I'm already late for work. I'll be happy to debate this further should more posts crop up.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber

In order for a message board to survive, new threads, new content MUST be made. Something pretty much no one other than myself does. Having a thread where a few, and I emphasize a few sit all day posting pics from five years ago isn't helping growth.

Topics and new discussions are stagnant. The purpose of closing that thread was to force people to leave their little comfort threads and contribute to the rest of the site. But instead of seeing big picture some of you would rather fight me on it. So be it. Not the first time you guys haven't been happy with something I've done. Wont be the last. I must shower now as I'm already late for work. I'll be happy to debate this further should more posts crop up.

Well can we make a "what made you laugh today thread" auto created/closed every day with the date like shout box???

New threads daily and easier to find the funny shit.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
make new threads. it's easy.

/lock this thread.

K J out.

Yea but if the thread title never pulls interest to someone or if someone doesn't want to go through 50 threads then you actually lose traffic....

More threads can cause less user traffic due to overwhelming amounts to sort through

[MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION]

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
I agree completely with your point of view, but as with everything in life, there are exceptions. I believe the WMYLT thread is one of those. There's something to be said of a thread that ALWAYS bumps back to the top on it's own. WMYLT is one ongoing discussion on the topic of "teh lolz". It's not like there's a "what did you see in the news today" that would end up having hundreds of different discussions, disjointed posts, and all the while being difficult to follow. For an example, none of the Trayvon threads were closed after X number of posts to stimulate additional thread creation. The WMYLT thread also didn't deter people from creating new threads that contained LOLz either, but in the case of the WMYLT, I think closing it is deterring people from creating a whole new thread just for little lolz. I'm not arguing your general point, I just think that closing the WMYLT thread is working against your goal. Content is content whether it's in one thread or many.

This message has been approved by BrianG for the people of TCG.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yea but if the thread title never pulls interest to someone or if someone doesn't want to go through 50 threads then you actually lose traffic....

More threads can cause less user traffic due to overwhelming amounts to sort through

[MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION]

make better thread titles.

i sometimes frequent the laugh thread... but then many many times i would forget about it...

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007

make new threads. it's easy.

/lock this thread.

K J out.

make better thread titles.

i sometimes frequent the laugh thread... but then many many times i would forget about it...

All of this.

I'd really like to see members use more descriptive thread titles and create new threads. Those big threads hurt that potential.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info