2uR3MKB.png

6hAPSDc.png

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
It's a good idea if you are not putting a large down payment or don't have a financial buffer to cover it in the event of a total loss.

I had GAP on my Mitsu, paid the loan off early (frickin 72 mo. financing promo, hell yeah I took it, just in case) and upon contacting them they returned the pro-rated amount. I got almost half of it back :dunno:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I like the comparison between GAP and PMI. They are technically the same.

I pay my insurance company for loan/lease payoff in case something happens. That way I can remove it from my coverage once the time comes instead of giving it to the lender who will charge me for the life of the loan.

Also Joel, I did a loan on my regal. The interest was cheap, and why drain myself?

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
GAP is really needed for people rolling neg eq into a new loan. Or those that will only make the min payments for the life of the loan.
I just took out a loan on a 10 year old car. And I put 25% down. Price of cars is up there now days. Most are not walking around money type prices anymore.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info