Mike
BfPas7_CUAE81zV.png:large

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
We had a superintendent who was notorious for not closing school as long as she could get out of her driveway. That bitch must have drove an H1 because we always had school. We got the day off when the buses couldn't start a couple times though. God bless whoever at the bus barn opted not to get the diesel additive from the fuel company.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
When I was in high school they would cancel it if there was a few inches on the ground and coming down fast... This was all dependent upon what time it started though.

This. It just depends if it's safe to drive the busses I believe. At least that's what it was in my district. I could count the number of snow days in my life on one hand though. :squint:

Of course cook county is the only dark blue in the state.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Lake Park HS only shut down if the buses couldnt run or if the heat broke down.

I never had an official snow day in HS from '03 to graduation in '07.

They only had one official "snow" day when I went. Technically, the buses ran, but lots of kids drove at west campus. So it was an excused absence and the kids that made it got extra credit or some shit.

A few of us carpooled and made it to the end of our subdivision and said fuck it. Went back to a buddys house and played mario party the entire day.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
They only had one official "snow" day when I went. Technically, the buses ran, but lots of kids drove at west campus. So it was an excused absence and the kids that made it got extra credit or some shit.

A few of us carpooled and made it to the end of our subdivision and said fuck it. Went back to a buddys house and played mario party the entire day.

Yea, i did the "excused absense" quite a few times.

What year did you graduate?

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
It depends on the busses. If they can't get around then school is canceled. On the other hand our district canceled school 4 times this month and none of the days were because of snow. It was because the negative windchill. They did not want students standing at buss stops getting frost bite and hypothermia.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
I remember Batavia's school district would cancel school pretty regularly if there was a snowfall above 6".

While out at NIU, I think classes were "officially" cancelled maaaaybe 3-4 times at most in the 3 years I was there. Those fuckers would NEVER shut down.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
It depends on the busses. If they can't get around then school is canceled. On the other hand our district canceled school 4 times this month and none of the days were because of snow. It was because the negative windchill. They did not want students standing at buss stops getting frost bite and hypothermia.

Thats such bullshit. I remember waiting at the bus stop in 20 below wind chills and we just dressed for it and were fine. Its not like you wait for an hour and half the pussy ass parents drive their kids to the stop and wait in the car. My kid will never get driven to his bus stop. Shits pathetic. On top of that the tech in clothing has advanced pretty good in the last 10-20 years and its not that expensive to get winter gear good enough to keep a kid warm in that weather.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info