Computer Clean Up

Okay its been too long since ive done a good cleaning of files and such on my Computer.

Specs : 2011 HP 17" DV7 i5 6gb 750gbHD

Looking to just clean it up. So any recommendations of FREE good software that helps clean unwanted stuff out.

If i need to clear cache and such thats fine, as long as i dont lose bookmarks, or any important files. Passwords i can redo as i write all of mine down and keep stored at home incase.

Any recommendations of software or any good cleanup processes to do manually would be great. Like defrag and such.

This is my music DJ/Production computer so theres no pron searching or unwanted sites looked at on this computer for the sole reason of fear of crashing the comp and losing everything. Only used for music, and internet searching of music blogs and trusted sites that i know. (netflix, fb, twitter, amazon etcetc)

#1 important thing - I cannot have any files be moved by a cleanup program or anything. I have all my music in certain spots on my computer for certain programs to see those files in that exact extension, so i dont want anything that could possibly delete,move,consolidate files. I will move what i need to, to a external HD at a later time.

Known issues right now :

-slower startup time. once signed into win7 and loading up it takes about a good 5mins i need to leave it alone to let all statup process finally fire up and be able to jump on internet.

- popup blocker on chrome says its working but i still get pop ups. it will block some. ( if it doesnt fix not a problem )

- Do not have any antivirus software. Turned norton off as it conflicts with too many cracked software files that i have. and i really have no need to have one.

Thanks in advance!

thanks for the replies. upon looking on my comp i think i have ccleaner and malwarebytes already from probably when i lost all my shit on this comp 2 years ago.

i will run those as well with the adwcleaner.

im trusting the links you all provide are safe lol. I have noticed a couple running process and folders appear on my comp like " shoptolink" and wierd stuff like that. but when i open they are empty. But in task manager sometimes ill see a matching process running too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info