Mob City

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I liked the 2 hour format for this season, but with only 6 episodes for the first season, it flew by QUICK. haha. But it usually meant that 1 hour was usually slow, and the other hour was the interesting one. I thought the finale was good. I like how just like boardwalk empire, they can fall back on historical facts for its characters, but they also have some room to play with them a little bit. I havent heard yet if this is picked up for a 2nd season, but I hope it is.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Not sure what you mean by fake. The visual style? I watched the lone season of Vegas w/ Michael Chiklis and Dennis Quaid, and the way they shot that looked way more "fake" than mob city does. I thought they did a pretty decent job w/ the authenticity. Again, comparing it to boardwalk empire it certainly wasnt on THAT level, but they did pretty good.

I will give you there were a couple scenes during this season that were HORRIBLY cgi'ed. Like really bad. Maybe next year (if there is one) they'll have a better budget.

School Boy

Spray the cubic inch at it!
Mar 28, 2011
Not sure what you mean by fake. The visual style? I watched the lone season of Vegas w/ Michael Chiklis and Dennis Quaid, and the way they shot that looked way more "fake" than mob city does. I thought they did a pretty decent job w/ the authenticity. Again, comparing it to boardwalk empire it certainly wasnt on THAT level, but they did pretty good.

I will give you there were a couple scenes during this season that were HORRIBLY cgi'ed. Like really bad. Maybe next year (if there is one) they'll have a better budget.

Perfect example. When that guy goes to confession and gets shot with a shotgun and get blown through the wooden walls and half way across the room :rofl:. And in the second episode when they throw that guy into a hole and shoot him and it looks like the guy was put in a electric chair.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info