*cheap* intl airfare to many places

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
The Flight Deal | United – Starting at $149: US – Europe / India / Israel / Middle East / Australia. Roundtrip, including all Taxes

this says the deal is done but i'm still pricing out things. houston to dubai $303, ohare to barcelona $442...

they seem to be excluding the (large) fuel surcharges added to these normally. i'd book a flight but i am totally out of vaca days for next year, especially trying to sneak something in early. the airline could cancel these flights although i expect they will be honored. and ya should be jumping on one to go somewhere warm in jan/feb/mar on here fer cheaps.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I was kind of wondering when you posted this... I think you posted it on a Sunday but it all started on a Saturday and in my experience airlines fix the problem as soon as they know it exists.

I wonder if they'll be on the hook for some liability now that it's clear that they encouraged people to exploit the error.

You'd think they'd be smart enough to create new usernames.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i think i saw it sat but didn't post til sun. it was still available for a few hours after i posted it, i was really surprised that it went as long as it did. it is an odd situation for sure and pretty silly they didn't create new usernames.

i ended up not booking anything because i'm taking a crapton of vaca in jan and some more in may, so no way could i take a good week or two in jan-mar where the deal was valid. i tried making it for work a weekend; barcelona for a weekend for 442 is great (i'm sure there were better) i just couldn't bring myself to spending that much money and time in the air to only be there a couple days though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info