Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
For those who dont know what it is, its basically a group on FB that post up cool or unique cars they see around town.

The problem I'm starting to have with it is the complete lack of respect for privacy. People are posting pics of peoples houses, full street names, locations of parked cars, etc...making it pretty easy for someone to find and in turn, steal some of these cars...

I'm all for sharing the random sighting (I do it) but they are kind of taking it too far now imo...

Am I just being overly paranoid?

l0wb00st

Overbuild It, Or Don't Build It
Jan 29, 2012
NW Suburbs
Someone posted a pic of my new car up yesterday, and I wasn't going to say anything, until someone tagged me in the post. The car was in the parking lot at work and you couldn't tell where, but i've seen people post pics of cars in driveways and what not, and that really seems sketchy to post.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
I agree. I actually just found the page yesterday, and thought it was odd. It's one thing if your friend sees you and takes a picture of your car...posts it on your page. It's another thing for a stranger to take a picture of your car, and post it on a random page that you don't know about.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
url

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
That group kinda sucks. I like the idea but Its mostly 15 year old pollocks or trolls. And youre right, theres a bunch of people posting with no regard for the privacy of others and then theres a bunch of tools who get off on scolding people for posting those pics.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
That group kinda sucks. I like the idea but Its mostly 15 year old pollocks or trolls. And youre right, theres a bunch of people posting with no regard for the privacy of others and then theres a bunch of tools who get off on scolding people for posting those pics.

Maybe this means we should start a Troll War. Post the stupidest crap that we can find.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.