Obamacare site / tech cost $292 million to build

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I heard it was $634M. Either way it was expensive, and there is absolutely no excuse for the site to be behaving the way it is, even today. 3 years to develop is plenty of time to iron out the bugs. 3 weeks into production and the site is still failing. Private companies can operate websites just fine... Google, Facebook, Microsoft, etc. handle BILLIONS of hits per second with remarkable uptime. I shudder at the thought of when they actually get the site 'working', how secure is the data and the framework of the site? I will not be suprised if its hacked or suffers a DDoS attack by Anonymous or someone similar :rofl:

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Tech folks...does that seem accurate for something of this scale?

Insight: As Obamacare tech woes mounted, contractor payments soared | Reuters

No. It's a typical government contract...Someone got filthy rich over this project.

I don't know how they tie it in to whatever database they have...But to do the actual web site and software, and to put together the servers/datacenter necessary to handle the traffic, it would still be only a fraction of that 292 million.

I'm in the wrong business.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Some senator/representative or their significant other or their family just got stupid rich from this.

As for it getting hacked? It's only a matter of time before packet sniffers start grabbing peoples SSN when grandma goes to sign up. Security? Whoever signs up on this website is literally a fucking idiot. Like Mr McAfee himself said, someone can easily create a duped site of this with a slight typo in it and people could be going to the fake site without even knowing it.

Good job government, you managed to completely fuck up running a website. Something most of us I'm sure did when they were 14-15.

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
my health insurance is going up over 47% next year for similar coverage with a higher deductible. I can now point to one of Obama's policies that is having a very direct and very negative impact on my life. Thinking about going on tv about this. 47% is just a staggering number, on top of the regular 10% increase in my health insurance when I turned 25 earlier this year. Enough is enough of this shit!

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
although if I make some IRA contributions before year end and play some tax "games" I might be able to qualify for subsidized health insurance from Obama. so I'll pay the same for slightly worse coverage. Still worse off.

So the government is dumping a bunch of money into this system and healthcare is getting worse, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. And they can't even get the damn website working half the time.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
my health insurance is going up over 47% next year for similar coverage with a higher deductible. I can now point to one of Obama's policies that is having a very direct and very negative impact on my life. Thinking about going on tv about this. 47% is just a staggering number, on top of the regular 10% increase in my health insurance when I turned 25 earlier this year. Enough is enough of this shit!

Quit your bitching, you just need to pay your equal share and deal with it.

As for the TV thing, I doubt you'd get on, there have been people with higher increases than you.

(P.S. I was 110% sarcastic with the first comment)

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
The goal of the current administration is to make healthcare so bad people are begging for universal healthcare. The majority of general populace currently (from what I can tell) is not in favor of universal healthcare, but if they keep screwing up the healthcare system and making it worse in 5-10 years we will have universal healthcare in this country as the majority of people will be begging for it.

That is the endgame I see coming out of this.

Note- I think universal healthcare is a terrible idea, simply giving my foresight on the situation.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
The goal of the current administration is to make healthcare so bad people are begging for universal healthcare. The majority of general populace currently (from what I can tell) is not in favor of universal healthcare, but if they keep screwing up the healthcare system and making it worse in 5-10 years we will have universal healthcare in this country as the majority of people will be begging for it.

That is the endgame I see coming out of this.

Note- I think universal healthcare is a terrible idea, simply giving my foresight on the situation.

I'm not totally opposed to "universal" health care (god I'm getting sick of that term, it's catching up with "comprehensive"). I AM opposed to most of the current plan, however. From what I've been able to learn about it (which is not much because they have done a damn good job of providing almost no information, and what information IS there is often strangely worded, misleading, or just contradictory of other statements) there are several glaring flaws, the main being that the middle class is going to be bearing the burden of the "felt" increases. Yes, a multi-millionaire may pay more than a blue-collar worker, but the millionaire won't notice, or "feel", that few thousand dollars, unlike the Joe-Blow trying to raise a family.

It saddens me that Canada, U.K., and other European nations can manage to accomplish a "universal" healthcare system, each having their own benefits and drawbacks, but we, the "Greatest Nation in the World", couldn't just learn from their mistakes and try to design a legitimate solution. Nope, instead we get this clusterfuck.

WOLVERINE

Regular
Oct 14, 2010
I'm not totally opposed to "universal" health care (god I'm getting sick of that term, it's catching up with "comprehensive"). I AM opposed to most of the current plan, however. From what I've been able to learn about it (which is not much because they have done a damn good job of providing almost no information, and what information IS there is often strangely worded, misleading, or just contradictory of other statements) there are several glaring flaws, the main being that the middle class is going to be bearing the burden of the "felt" increases. Yes, a multi-millionaire may pay more than a blue-collar worker, but the millionaire won't notice, or "feel", that few thousand dollars, unlike the Joe-Blow trying to raise a family.

It saddens me that Canada, U.K., and other European nations can manage to accomplish a "universal" healthcare system, each having their own benefits and drawbacks, but we, the "Greatest Nation in the World", couldn't just learn from their mistakes and try to design a legitimate solution. Nope, instead we get this clusterfuck.

Keep in mind that obama's agenda includes a free pass for 30 million illegals and their families. Who is going to pay the way for these low wage/no wage, low skill/no skill people when the flood gates to government hand outs is opened? As it is the US brings in more legal immigrants that the rest of the world combined.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info