Who the hell stuffs a dead body with newspaper?!?!

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
[URL=http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/09/us/georgia-gym-mat-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t1]Gym mat death shocker: Body stuffed with newspaper[/URL] said:
Valdosta, Georgia (CNN) -- The death of 17-year-old Kendrick Johnson was awful enough for his parents. Then came the doubts about investigators' conclusion that it was an accident.

But the discovery that their son's body and skull had been stuffed with newspaper before burial added a horrific new dimension to their anguish and further fueled their skepticism of the official findings.

"We have been let down again," his father, Kenneth Johnson, told CNN. "When we buried Kendrick, we thought we were burying Kendrick, not half of Kendrick."

Kendrick Johnson was found dead in a gym at Lowndes County High School in January. State medical examiners concluded that the three-sport athlete suffocated after getting stuck in a rolled-up gym mat while reaching for a sneaker.

His parents, Kenneth and Jacquelyn Johnson, never have bought that explanation. They won a court order to have their son's body exhumed and a second autopsy performed in June.

During an autopsy, internal organs are removed and examined before being returned for burial. But when Dr. Bill Anderson, the private pathologist who conducted the second autopsy, opened up the teen's remains, the brain, heart, lungs, liver and other viscera were missing. Every organ from the pelvis to the skull was gone.

"I'm not sure at this point who did not return the organs to the body," Anderson said. "But I know when we got the body, the organs were not there."

Two entities had custody of Kendrick Johnson's body after his death -- the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, which conducted the first autopsy in January; and the Harrington Funeral Home in Valdosta, which handled the teen's embalming and burial.

GBI spokeswoman Sherry Lang told CNN that after the autopsy, "the organs were placed in Johnson's body, the body was closed, then the body was released to the funeral home." That's normal practice, Lang said.

The funeral home would not comment to CNN. But in a letter to the Johnsons' attorney, funeral home owner Antonio Harrington said his firm never received the teen's organs. Harrington wrote that the organs "were destroyed through natural process" due to the position of Kendrick Johnson's body when he died, and "discarded by the prosecutor before the body was sent back to Valdosta."

Stuffing a body with old newsprint and department-store circulars -- "like he was a garbage can," as Jacquelyn Johnson put it -- isn't exactly standard practice in forensic pathology or the mortician's trade. Vernie Fountain, the founder of a Missouri embalming school, called it "not consistent with the standards of care" in the industry. And Dr. Gregory Schmunk, the president of the National Association of Medical Examiners, told CNN, "I have never heard of this practice."

Organs are typically placed in plastic bag, which is then put back into the body cavity after an autopsy, Schmunk told CNN in an e-mail. While individual organs may be kept back for further testing, he wrote, "This would not amount to all of the organs in any circumstance that I can imagine."
Funeral homes are licensed by the Georgia Secretary of State's office, which has opened an investigation into how Johnson's body was treated, said Jared Thomas, a spokesman for the agency.

Anderson, who was hired by the Johnson family for a second autopsy, found Kendrick Johnson had sustained a blow to the right side of his neck that was "consistent with inflicted injury." Challenging the state autopsy's finding of positional asphyxiation, he concluded the teen died as the result of "unexplained, apparent non-accidental, blunt force trauma."

And death scene imagery obtained exclusively by CNN has led a former FBI agent to question how Johnson died: "I think this young man met with foul play," said Harold Copus, now an Atlanta private investigator.

Lowndes County Sheriff Chris Prine refused to discuss the matter with CNN, calling Johnson's death a closed case. The U.S. Justice Department announced in September that it wouldn't open a civil rights investigation into the case.

But federal prosecutors in south Georgia have met with the family's representatives and are weighing whether to open their own probe, said Michael Moore, the U.S. attorney whose district includes Valdosta.

"This is about getting to the facts and the truth, and we want the Johnson family and the community of Valdosta to have confidence in the process," Moore said. "I am cognizant of time, and we continue to move the process along."

Moore urged anyone with information about Johnson's death to contact his office. Johnson's parents have come to believe their son's death was no accident, and the macabre discovery about their son's body has only deepened that belief.

"It's unbearable, just about," Jacquelyn Johnson said. "The only thing that wakes you up in the morning is to just keep pushing."

Uhhh.... Where's Carter's frog "wut" picture when you need it. :ugh:

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
"Kendrick Johnson was found dead in a gym at Lowndes County High School in January. State medical examiners concluded that the three-sport athlete suffocated after getting stuck in a rolled-up gym mat while reaching for a sneaker."

that makes no sense in itself.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Uhhh.... Where's Carter's frog "wut" picture when you need it. :ugh:

WAT-Frog.jpg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Grassy ass.

And what's the matter [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION] you act like you've never lost a shoe in a gym mat and then fell in and suffocated and squirted blood all over. I mean c'mon, it's totally plausible.

:rofl:

I remember when we rolled up the wrestling mats in junior high that we always left them so that a body could easily get wedged in the center if somebody fell in if somebody was reaching for a shoe that just happened to fall in the center of the mat.

john dillon

Apr 12, 2016
Yes please.

http://valdosta.sgaonline.com/2010vdt/pdfs/kendrick-johnson.pdf

I hope you will check my work. It won't take long. The woman (Kraft) who did the autopsy only recorded the cut on the right wrist and the several abrasions on some left fingers. Look under 'Evidence of Injury'.

Kendrick Johnson Death Mystery: Top 10 Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Kraft not only lied about the blood on the shirt, but the blood on his body that was in fact included in the Crime Lab Report.

I just noticed the white shirt appears to be wrapped at the upper arm to possibly prevent from seeing more defensive wounds. Notice the scrape on the upper right arm which shows a difference in skin color. It could be something like road rash. Maybe he was dragged.

I'm also looking for anyone interested in investigating this with me. There is quite a bit to work with.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Look at the kids face, it looks like he was beaten to a pulp and then rolled into a mat to be hidden. You do not need to be fucking Columbo to gather that much. Seems like a bunch of moron detectives down in Valdosta who can't piss without wetting the front of their pants.

john dillon

Apr 12, 2016
I will add more details tomorrow, but look at his right arm and bloody shirt.

The defensive wounds and bloody shirt are in both photos already posted. Kraft lied about those wounds not existing and that by itself is proof of homicide. The face was swollen less than 24 hours after death. That is consistent with homicide. Bloating doesn't occur until 3-4 days after death. There's never been any evidence of an accident in this case and there never will be. The blood is visible on his right collar, a bunch on his left, and the back was covered in dried blood. The shirt was scrunched up in the back. The clothes went missing because they proved KJ was murdered.

There wasn't and normally aren't any physical signs of decompositon 24 hours after death. That photo was taken on the gym floor the next day. His right arm was full of defensive wounds not recorded by Kraft because they didn't fit with the accident hoax.

The paragraph starts with: On January 11, 2013 at 10:30 am. https://www.scribd.com/doc/181050020/Lowndes-County-Incident-Report-pdf

"The facial area was severely disfigured and swollen."

Initial Stage The Stages of the Human Decomposition Process | Education - Seattle PI

For the first 24 to 72 hours, the body undergoes very little observable change. Liquids settle in the tissues, creating lividity, or discoloration on whichever side of the body faces downwards. Rigor mortis locks tendons and muscles in place, and enzymes begin triggering cells to die and break down. Aerobic bacteria inside the body use up the available oxygen and create an ideal environment for the proliferation of anaerobic bacteria which do not require oxygen. Insects may also begin to lay eggs in and on the corpse.

Causes of blunt injury may include: Soft Tissue Injury of the Neck - Health Library

Strangulation. This type of injury may cause skin trauma, hoarseness of voice, or broken cartilage in the voice box or windpipe. It may also cause a serious airway problem.

SYMPTOMS

Bruising.
Pain and tenderness in the neck.

Swelling of the neck and face.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info