Range Rover vs. Bikers - who's in the wrong? *VIDEO*

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
LiveLeak.com - Range Rover Runs Over Bikers in NYC.

Range Rover attacked by motorcyclists after driver accidentally hit a biker
Vehicle then ploughs through stationary bikers that have surrounded it
Bikers chase the SUV, carrying couple and young child, and try to attack it
The driver then speeds off hitting motorcyclists for the second time
It eventually grinds to a halt in NYC traffic and bikers smash the window
Man in his 30s treated in hospital for lacerations to his face and body
Police said, contradictory to online comments, there were no other injuries

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The video starts with a group of bikers surrounding the car and slowing down traffic to the point where it's forced to stop... Just by that alone, unless there's some serious backstory that we're missing, makes me lean to the side of the RR driver. My only desire is that more were in his way when he decided to put it in 4 low.

He appeared to stop, saw that they were trying to surround him and were coming at him aggressively and then took the opportunity to get the fawk out. Even the second time he stopped, maybe to reason with them they again start coming at him and the same scenario unfolds.

Fucking morons. I'm glad they all had helmet cams to show the world their stupidity from multiple angles.

And I'm out.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
The video starts with a group of bikers surrounding the car and slowing down traffic to the point where it's forced to stop... Just by that alone, unless there's some serious backstory that we're missing, makes me lean to the side of the RR driver. My only desire is that more were in his way when he decided to put it in 4 low.

He appeared to stop, saw that they were trying to surround him and were coming at him aggressively and then took the opportunity to get the fawk out. Even the second time he stopped, maybe to reason with them they again start coming at him and the same scenario unfolds.

Fucking morons. I'm glad they all had helmet cams to show the world their stupidity from multiple angles.

And I'm out.

:h5:

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
If the precursor to all this was the bike getting bumped because he brake checked the RR, I'd say the RR was in the right.

If the bikers were surrounding the SUV and just yelling at the guy, I probably couldn't endorse him running them over. But they appeared to be acting very aggressively. I would barely hesitate before bulldozing my way out of that situation...especially with my family in the car.

I would have done my best to avoid running people over, but I would have rolled over any bike in my path to get out.

After they started breaking windows, I definitely would have run anything over that was in my way...family comes first.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
You dont know if the cops were called though.

Family first, PERIOD.

Who is in the right? Probably going to depend on how the law is written in the area where this occurred as to when you're allowed to use lethal force to protect yourself.

Who is in the wrong? Both of them.

Jury duty for this case? NO THANKS.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I completely agree. Esp after he already had PROVEN he was willing to run ppl over to escape.... even at the end where they cornered him against traffic... I'd have thrown it in reverse... no telling what would have happened after they started bashing out all the windows and dragging people from the truck. Only place I would have stopped would have been in front of a police station.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
The guy in the truck was right. Asshole got what they deserved. It's a shame that the guy probably got hurt pretty bad. I would have driven to a police station. Biker like this should be ran over by something bigger than a Range Rover. I see dipshits like this way too often.

DEPENDING on the verbal altercation that occurred at the beginning of the video, I can't clearly speculate who was at fault...

BUT, I will choose to be somewhat ignorant in this situation, because I generalize most bikers like shown in the video as butt-fucking assholes. I agree, family first! I would happily hit one of them if they brake-checked me and ganged up on me like that. I would, however, stay on the highway AND call 911 the first sign I was going to be in trouble. AND this would be a situation I would pull out my concealed weapon and disable (not kill) one of the bikers if necessary. Except for the jackass who came up with his helmet and busted the window. His threat posed a potential life-or-death situation, and I would have pulled the trigger immediately without hesitation.

I have an EXTREMELY high respect for bikes, but the shit they were pulling, I shed NO TEARS when they finally get themselves killed for being fucking retarded. Any biker who doesn't wear proper gear while riding, FUCK YOU! You're asking for problems, and you deserve them. The bikers up at Lukes are all douchebag assfucks. And we've seen it almost every Thursday when they're up there too. Just puts a bad taste in my mouth.

The handful of bikers that I know, however, are responsible, and aren't retarded when they ride.

/rantover

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Yep. If my wife and child were in immediate danger, I'd have done the same thing. I laughed HARD when the RR used the bikes as a small ramp. I'm surprised they didn't call the police during that....or why the doors were unlocked! At the 5:00 mark when the one biker attempted to get inside the truck, those doors would've been locked the fuck up that whole time.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
The six-minute pursuit on Sunday — which was captured on video and posted on YouTube — began when the driver of a black Range Rover called 911 to report erratic bikers taking part in an unauthorized rally dubbed Hollywood Stuntz, police told NBC New York.

The video shows the motorcycles converged on the 33-year-old man's vehicle on the West Side Highway in Harlem, and he apparently clipped a bike that cut closely in front of him.

The motorcycle rider suffered a broken leg, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said. Some of the other bikers then surrounded the SUV.

"They take their helmets and start to dent his car and apparently his tires are slashed there with a knife," Kelly said.

The video, shot with a helmet mounted cameras, shows the driver then took off, knocking down more bikes as others tore down the blacktop after him.

During a 50-block chase, the bikers managed to trap the Range Rover again and one of them got off and pulled open the driver's side door before the motorist swerved and sped away.

After his tires finally went flat on a side street, the group blocked him in again. One biker was seen yanking off his helmet and using it to smash in the SUV window.

Police said the man suffered black eyes and other injuries in the subsequent beating. After receiving some stitches, he was released from Columbia University Medical Center.

No arrests have been made, but police are examining surveillance video from a nearby gas station where some of the motorcyclists stopped.

Kelly said the bikers did not have a permit for the rally and the NYPD only learned of the show-boating event — in its second year through social media.

He said police had fanned out around Manhattan to watch for trouble, arresting 15 bikers and confiscating 55 motorcycles unrelated to the attack on the Range Rover.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info