Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Announced at Comic Con:

batman-superman-header.jpg

I dont care if its too soon and that they havent fleshed out this new Clark Kent / Superman. I dont care. JUST SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder just came out and rocked our worlds at Comic-Con. Not just announcing that Batman will be in the Superman sequel — which he did with a cool-looking metallic Superman-Batman logo that drove the crowd nuts. But that was not the biggest deal.

The biggest deal was, Snyder brought out Man of Steel actor Harry Lennix (General Swanwick) to use his cool voice to read the following piece of dialogue:

I want you to remember, Clark…in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand…at your throat…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you.

Yup. Batman's speech from Dark Knight Returns. Snyder said the movie won't be an adaptation of this film... but it will be inspired by it. The crowd lost their shit.

Inspired by this comic (but it wont be based around it)

NYnMJOy.jpg

This is me right now

lulz.gif

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I could get behind this 100%. Especially Brolin? Oh man.

The other big question is: who will play Batman? Warner Bros. needs a new actor, as Christian Bale’s time in the cowl expired with the end of Christopher Nolan’s directorial run. Armie Hammer, once cast as Batman in a Justice League film that never happened, has been once name people are asking about. He says he doesn’t want to do it. Armie’s interest or lack thereof might not even matter, as the new rumor is that Warner Bros. is willing to cast an older actor in the role — fueling more speculation that The Dark Knight Returns will be more of an influence than Snyder suggested at first.

First up, it’s important to keep in mind that we’re still in wild speculation mode, as David Goyer is reportedly still working on the film’s script.

But talk at Batman on Film says that WB is looking at an actor in his mid-40s for a version of Batman who would be “a grizzled veteran who has been on the job for several years.” Names being thrown around — unofficially — include Jon Hamm, Gerard Butler, and Josh Brolin. The last seems like a great notion; I’d watch Brolin as Batman in a second.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I admittedly haven't read any Batman or Superman comic, but read a summary of Miller's Dark Knight Returns after hearing this news.

How the hell has that comic been around since the mid 80s and no one has made it into a movie? Such baddasery.

Edit: Apparently it was an animated movie. Might have to check it out.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
A rumor has emerged (which I'm doubting has validity) that WB is prepared to offer Bale upwards of 60 million to put the suit back on for this movie...

Both Bale and Nolan have flat out said they want a new batman and Nolan does not want his dark knight world to intermix with the new superman world...

But the fanboy in me is going nuts over this totally bs rumor.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
New Batman is.........

BEN AFFLECK???????

Ben Affleck is Batman.

The actor will replace Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the upcoming untitled Superman-Batman feature for Warner Bros., the studio announced Thursday.

Affleck becomes the eighth actor to play the Caped Crusader, following Bale, George Clooney and Michael Keaton.

“We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some,” WB president Greg Silverman said in a statement.

Directed by “Man of Steel” filmmaker Zack Snyder, the Superman-Batman feature will open worldwide on July 17, 2015, with Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Diane Lane reprising their roles.

“Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne,” Snyder said in a statement. “I can’t wait to work with him.”

The announcement of a Batman-Superman film was revealed last month at Comic-con to much excitement of fanboys, who will surely be watching as the studio begins to assemble its Justice League.

The irony of Thursday’s news is that at one point Warner Bros. was interested in having Affleck direct the “Justice League” movie and his participation in this film will now spur interest if whether his casting means a possibility of directing that film.

The Boston native recently upped his Hollywood power when he won the Best Picture Oscar for “Argo.”

Affleck, repped by WME, can be seen next in Fox and New Regency’s thriller “Runner Runner.”

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/ben-affleck-is-the-new-batman-1200586881/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info