I'M GOING TO BE A FUCKING DAD!!

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
My wife and i have been trying for our first child for the past year. she was on birth control up until then so it has been some hard work due to her cycle being all fucked up. we were successful in October but ended up have a miscarraige and it really broke us down mentally. well we got some more medicine, to make her ovulate, and kept trying. we found out 3 weeks ago that we were pregnant again. we tried our best not to get to excited about it because of what happened with the first. We went to the OBGYN last tuesday to what we though was a 8 week appointment. they said the fetus was only measuring 5.5 weeks old; which means something was wrong, or we were to early so we set another appointment for today. Obviously that screwed with our heads because we were thinking the worst all last week. Went in this morning and the fetus measured 7 weeks, and we saw a strong heartbeat! Due date is Jan 15 which is awesome because my wives is Jan 22 and mine is Jan 26, ideally, i would have liked it to be a few weeks earlier for tax purposes, but im stoked either way. Sorry for the novel, be we are super excited, her and i have been together since our Freshman summer year of highschool in 2003. after graduation we split up for 1 year, got back together and have been for the past 6 years, November will be 5 year wedding anniversary.

plus right after we got the good news or the heartbeat, i checked my email and saw the 1/2 mile event was still a GO...so this morning fucking rocked!

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
thanks guys, we are stoked! honestly i dont really know what i prefer, id like a boy for the car reasons and protection to another child if that happens. but with boys everyone expects sports and what not, and honestly i dont follow any kind of sports, i dont give a damn about them, unless i am there and drinking. But id love a girl! i enjoy and care about my nieces way more then my nephews and id love a baby girl. and i would still raise her dealing with cars also, but would hope she doesn't turn into a total tom boy. but obviously i have to worry about little boy bastards and babies and money, act. lol. ill be happy either way, but i am leaning more towards wanting a girl because i really only want one kid, but my wife wants 2-3. if we have a girl i would be content, if we have a boy, i would def. want to try for another for a girl.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Congratulations.
Being a dad is the best.

Enjoy it.
Embrace it.
Love it.
Learn from it.
And protect at all costs.

My baby will be 11 soon. Oh how time has gone by and how she has grown up.

One thing I've enjoyed over the years is keeping track of her height. Since she was 8 months old. I've been marking her heights on a 2x4 piece of lumber every couple of months along with the date. It's amazing to see the growth spurts.

Have fun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info