contract is up. What carrier to go with and what phone?

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
I have Verizon since I'm still unlimited. That being said I can actually tell from a call quality perspective that AT&T sucks. Calls constantly drop on the AT&T customer end and I know from personal experience that their customer service BLOWS.

Currently if you use less than 450 anytime minutes I would say sprint. They have unlimited data and 450 anytime minutes, 9pm nights and weekends for like $80/mo. My girlfriend has Sprint and her coverage is pretty much on par with my Verizon.

I love Verizon, but they are expensive. People here have had good luck saving money on their new data sharing. I think it was [MENTION=354]Primalzer[/MENTION] IIRC

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Haha this new mention thing is kinda neat...

Yeah me and my parents still share phones and we don't usually use much data between the 3 of us. Our old contract had 2 unlimited data smart phones and 1 regular phone and paid extra for unlimited texts and 1500 shared minutes I think. With our new plan, we have 3 smart phones, 4 GB's of data (of which we only use 2 GB at maximum in a month) unlimited texting and calls, and come in about 15% less a month on our bill. I use so little data as my phone is constantly on wireless at work and at home though so that helps.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Haha this new mention thing is kinda neat...

Yeah me and my parents still share phones and we don't usually use much data between the 3 of us. Our old contract had 2 unlimited data smart phones and 1 regular phone and paid extra for unlimited texts and 1500 shared minutes I think. With our new plan, we have 3 smart phones, 4 GB's of data (of which we only use 2 GB at maximum in a month) unlimited texting and calls, and come in about 15% less a month on our bill. I use so little data as my phone is constantly on wireless at work and at home though so that helps.

x2 I have 3 smart phones on my verizon account unlimited calls and text, 4gb data and it cost $200/mon after taxes and all the bullshit. Love the service too. Was a longtime nextel customer that went verizon a few years back, never looked back. I love my Droid devices and currently swinging hard off the Droid razr maxx hd.

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
Calling, GPS, some web surfing but ill be getting a tablet soon enough plus we have a lap top and not much gaming.

Unlimited plan with 6gb (?) shared data will he $160 with my girlfriend. Plus she gets a teacher discount and that will cover taxes.

I pay $95 currently with unlinted min, text and data but its throttled after 2gb IIRC

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Calling, GPS, some web surfing but ill be getting a tablet soon enough plus we have a lap top and not much gaming.

Unlimited plan with 6gb (?) shared data will he $160 with my girlfriend. Plus she gets a teacher discount and that will cover taxes.

I pay $95 currently with unlinted min, text and data but its throttled after 2gb IIRC

If you are running wifi at home, even 6 gigs between the two of you may be overkill. Check your old statements and see what kind of data you were actually using, it may surprise you how low it actually is

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
I have a year left with my contract with sprint and will be switching to Verizon the day it ends... My service is spotty, and near non-existant at home. I've been with them for 12yrs, 11 or it being Nextel though. My sister and several friends have Verizon, and where I don't have service they have full signal.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Mike,
my buddy had sprint and dreaded it each day for 2 years.
he bought an iP5 through ATT. a week later T Mobile had their free S3 promotion so he returned the iP5 and cancelled his contract.

ATT keeps sending him threats of "collections" because he is said to owe them $500.
He has been at the store 4 times trying to clear this up.

not to mention, when he had sprint he never went over 1 gig of data and he is on the net all the time. i mean alot ! forums, youtube, everything all day.

within 10 days of having ATT he was already at 2 gigs.

my neighbor would turn is data off over night and was being charged bogus data usage from ATT. his bill was almost 375 one month.

VERIZON

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
Well, stopped into T-Mobile OJ the way to at&t. Apparently they have my current package for only $50/month with unlimited everying. I had stooped in there for my account number.

Still went with at&t so me and the girlfriend could share a plan as well as bundle internet and cable. IIRC everything together( internet, cable with 2 boxes & cell phones) puts us at about $280/month.

I also bought the S4. Went in there to buy the HTC One but the camera on the S4 is better.

I need to wait for them to ship me the phone. At the earliest it'll be here today. :x:

Thanks for the input either way fellas.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info