Sports 🏎️ Official Formula 1 Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Id say I watch a bit of F1. What you had today was one team (red bull) doing it the wrong way) and one team (mercedes) doing it the right way. Vettel was being Vettel, which doesnt surprise me at all. Both teams made the call to hold their positions to conserve fuel and tires, and tho rosberg complained like hell about it, he obeyed. Vettel didnt :rofl:

So much craziness in this race tho. God I couldnt stop laughing when hamilton tried pulling into the mclaren pits :bowrofl: And friggin alonso, i dont know WHAT he and ferrari were thinking. I mean yeah, of course they were thinking if we pit now to change the wing, and then again in 3 laps to change to slick tires we're gonna be at the back of the pack, but there was no way that wing was gonna make it. And mclaren...only 4 points after 2 races, NOT good.

brandoLSX

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time"
Jul 12, 2011
Broomfield, CO
Yeah I agree, Mercedes did good but I couldn't believe how Vettel was risking a crash to gain the lead over his teammate. I mean I guess I can believe it because like you said it is Vettel being Vettel but it pissed me off.

Hamilton pulling into the Mclaren pit was funny as shit. I replayed it a few times just to see it again. The Alonso decision was dumb, yeah it sucks you would have to pull in the pits the first lap but now look what happened couldn't even finish the race and got no points out of it. I bet Mclaren are wishing they had Hamilton back this year now.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I bet mclaren were wishing theyd developed their car a little better. Button and perez are capable of much better than theyve put forth so far. Hell, perez came in 2nd in this race in a damn sauber a year ago :rofl: Sorta wish kimi woulda done a little better. He was at the top all weekend long, but the car just wasnt under him for the race.

brandoLSX

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time"
Jul 12, 2011
Broomfield, CO
I bet mclaren were wishing theyd developed their car a little better. Button and perez are capable of much better than theyve put forth so far. Hell, perez came in 2nd in this race in a damn sauber a year ago :rofl: Sorta wish kimi woulda done a little better. He was at the top all weekend long, but the car just wasnt under him for the race.

Yeah Jenson Button is a good driver, I agree there. Kimi was squirming around a bit in the beginning with all that water on the track. Funny think about F1 is they drive in all sorts of weather and have plenty of turns. NASCAR goes in a circle and one drop of rain and the whole race stops. God I hate NASCAR.

:fu: I'll cut you Steve-o

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
602062_10152694424735397_855370124_n.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Alonzo had to have been the drunk one.. WTF was he thinking staying out with a front wing on the edge of falling off!

Yeah. I mean, i know what they were thinking, but damn that was a big risk. I woulda rather been at the back of the pack fighting my way up for the chance of a point. Its Malaysia, so you never know if the skies are gonna open up, and maybe someone crashes and brings out a safety car and youre back in the game. It didnt happen of course but thats the gamble i wouldve taken.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Massa OUT. Kimi back IN. :bowdown: If ferrari can develop their car well enough and start the season off with some decent pace, they're gonna be the team to beat next year. Alonso and Kimi are probably the 2 best drivers on the grid that can take a shit car and muscle it to the front, so if the Ferraris have any kinda race pace next year, those are the 2 drivers that will extract every single bit out of them. This definitely makes me excited for next year.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
New season is here!! NBCSN is showing practice 1 right now. And they'll be showing practice 2 later tonight. God these cars sound so much different. The turbos sound sweet, but the exhaust notes are just so.....blah. And every time you see a car your eyes just go straight to that dicknose.

All criticisms aside tho, this is definitely going to be an interesting season. I don't forsee redbull running away w/ this series this year.