Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Dirty Canadians.

tumblr_lo864uXOUT1qmn7mjo1_500.gif

Step aside, Chicago – Toronto’s moving on up.

A city report says Toronto has surpassed Chicago in population and is now the fourth-largest city in North America behind Mexico City, New York, and Los Angeles.

The Economic Dashboard report – which was presented Tuesday at an Economic Development committee meeting – said Statistics Canada recently estimated Toronto’s total population at 2,791,140.

Chicago’s population, according to a 2011 U.S. Census Bureau report, was 2,707,120.

“These population figures are another sign confirming Toronto’s steady growth,” Mayor Rob Ford wrote in a statement. “Toronto is a desirable location for people to live and work. We are attracting people from across North America and other parts of the world.”

The report said Toronto’s population has grown steadily for the last 10 years, at an annual rate of about 38,000 people.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Chicago is going to continue to tank... Downtown is still a world class city but we're quickly becoming known as the murder capital of the country and since tourists don't know the good neighborhoods from the bad they tend to just avoid the city in it's entirety.

Couple that with the taxes which are second only to California (and for almost all working class people California is actually cheaper) and high property taxes and it's not likely that anyone that doesn't already live here is going to want to pick up and move in.

I told my wife last week that I want to move to LA when our lease is up on this house. If I'm going to get taxed out the ass I'm going to make sure the sun is shining down on me and it's always kind of warm.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Chicago is just not an appealing place to be anymore. The downtown bar scene is crappy and overpriced. Our sports teams are too popular, so tickets are way overpriced. Weather sucks. And people like to shoot other people for fun. not very appealing to me at all.

lol, wut? You go to the wrong bars. Our sports team are good, so yeah, tickets get expensive. wtf do you expect? I love our weather and changing seasons, I need the change. Sometimes you gotta shoot a mother fucker, shit happens. Chicago has a lot of problems financially and politically, but your reasons are just stupid. You dont like it, move somewhere else.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
lol, wut? You go to the wrong bars. Our sports team are good, so yeah, tickets get expensive. wtf do you expect? I love our weather and changing seasons, I need the change. Sometimes you gotta shoot a mother fucker, shit happens. Chicago has a lot of problems financially and politically, but your reasons are just stupid. You dont like it, move somewhere else.

:werd:

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
I love the whole Chicagoland area. I hate it but I couldn't see myself anywhere else. The people here sure they can suck but theres plenty of damn good people. Yeah it sucks having the different weather but it keeps shit interesting and without the snow there'd be no taking cars with even only little amounts of power sideways down streets and sledding and throwing snowballs at people. There is some fucking amazing food joints around here. And I'm not talking about MckyD's or BK's. The arcatecture around here can be some of the best looking IMO having new modern stylized buildings next to old as hell ones that still look pimp and classy as fuck. There's a wide selection of types of people and plenty of people who love cars and modifing them even if its not to my tastes (read donks) but they at least change their car instead of driving something stock.

Sure theres problems around the area but it adds to the colorful nature of here.

If you don't love the city you either don't know what your doing and missing out or your not the special type of people it takes to love this great place. So feel free to leave and don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I love the whole Chicagoland area. I hate it but I couldn't see myself anywhere else. The people here sure they can suck but theres plenty of damn good people. Yeah it sucks having the different weather but it keeps shit interesting and without the snow there'd be no taking cars with even only little amounts of power sideways down streets and sledding and throwing snowballs at people. There is some fucking amazing food joints around here. And I'm not talking about MckyD's or BK's. The arcatecture around here can be some of the best looking IMO having new modern stylized buildings next to old as hell ones that still look pimp and classy as fuck. There's a wide selection of types of people and plenty of people who love cars and modifing them even if its not to my tastes (read donks) but they at least change their car instead of driving something stock.

So you love the whole Chicagoland area but you hate it, the people here can suck but there's plenty of damn good ones, the weather is terrible but it's not so terrible... The only thing I took from your post is that you might be bipolar. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info