Drew Peterson receives 38 year sentence for murder of third wife

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Drew Peterson finally gets sentenced...for the murder of his third wife, not his fourth.

Former Illinois cop Drew Peterson yelled, "I did not kill Kathleen!" during the sentencing phase of his trial today -- and then a judge sentenced him to 38 years in jail for killing her.

The sentence came after Will County Judge Edward Burmila denied Peterson a re-trial in the killing of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, in 2004.

Peterson had faced as many as 60 years in prison.

At his sentencing, after Peterson shouted that he did not kill his wife, someone in the courtroom yelled in reply, "Yes you did!" according to ABC News Chicago station WLS. Burmila then ordered that person to leave the courtroom.

Drew Peterson Shouts, 'I Did Not Kill Kathleen!' - Then Gets 38-Year Sentence - ABC News

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
I feel he did it. However, this case represented piles of terrifying precedents. Hearsay is now admissible evidence? Jesus...

Not to mention, the sick fuck had no chance of an impartial trial, given the amount of media attention received. Am I happy he's going away for a long time? Yes. Am I happy with how it finally happened? Nope.

Food for thought, gentlemen.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I feel he did it. However, this case represented piles of terrifying precedents. Hearsay is now admissible evidence? Jesus...

Not to mention, the sick fuck had no chance of an impartial trial, given the amount of media attention received. Am I happy he's going away for a long time? Yes. Am I happy with how it finally happened? Nope.

I totally agree but he was an arrogant prick throughout the entire process which didn't help him at all. He made sure the public hated him.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora

I was reading this in the comments section of the suntimes. They are saying it will get overturned by the supreme court. Anybody know the chances of this? Illinois basically made a law to convict him.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
I was reading this in the comments section of the suntimes. They are saying it will get overturned by the supreme court. Anybody know the chances of this? Illinois basically made a law to convict him.

The only place more corrupt than Cook County is Will County...

But at least now there will be more parking around the court house. The vultures from the media have been camping out in front of the place all week(and for the entire trial).

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008

Very unlikely to happen. If it does happen it won't be by his lawyers. They want out as fast as possible because he burned thru his money. They not taking on a case that could last for years pro bono.

Typhoon

Addict
Sep 25, 2011

This X100000. Yes is was cocky, arrogant, etc.... but it doesnt matter. Im sure he probably did do it. But to make a law to get him convicted because they had no hard evidence. Thats a slippery slope I dont like to see us go down.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
This X100000. Yes is was cocky, arrogant, etc.... but it doesnt matter. Im sure he probably did do it. But to make a law to get him convicted because they had no hard evidence. Thats a slippery slope I dont like to see us go down.

This. So now everyone that threatens s00ls on the Internet will go to jail if something happens to him.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Even though I believe he did it and deserves which will probably amount to a life sentence considering his age. I think its BS how they made this hearsay law strictly for him and convicted him on it. They had no evidence at all to link him to the murder, basically the Government can do whatever they please. Even if granted a new trial by the higher ups which he will more than likely get, he is still screwed.He has no chance at all for a fair trial unless they moved it out of the country. I seen a poll when the trial was going on, and I want to say if I remember correctly 70% of the public thought he was guilty from what they had heard and seen. How is a person supposed to get a fair trial based on that. I also agree he did it to himself with all the media coverage and talk shows, acting like an arrogant SOB. Guilty until proven innocent in this case

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Did he escape, or get transferred somewhere? Can't find anything.

IDOC: Drew Peterson no longer in custody - Story | WFLD

Ex-cop and convicted wife-killer Drew Peterson is no longer in Illinois Department of Corrections custody, according to IDOC officials.

Peterson was serving out a lifetime sentence at Menard Correctional Center in Randolph County, Ill.

A former Bolingbrook police officer, Peterson was sentenced to 38 years of prison for killing his third wife, Kathleen Savio. Peterson was sentenced to 40 more years in prison in July 2016 for trying to arrange the murder of a Will County state's attorney.

IDOC officials have not given comment yet on his current whereabouts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info