vintage overhead / aerial map site.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I tried that with no luck, it was an actual website

Google Earth does have that feature. I just used it to look at my neighborhood where my house is before things were developed. Once zoomed somewhat close in to the area you want to see then look in the lower left side of the screen for something that says imagery date. Click on the date number that is there and a date slider will pop up that allows you to slide from picture date to picture date through the years they were taken. Very cool feature.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Google Earth does have that feature. I just used it to look at my neighborhood where my house is before things were developed. Once zoomed somewhat close in to the area you want to see then look in the lower left side of the screen for something that says imagery date. Click on the date number that is there and a date slider will pop up that allows you to slide from picture date to picture date through the years they were taken. Very cool feature.

IDK how vintage that could be considered though. Mine only goes back to 1994.

smith876

Displaced Chicagoan
Mar 29, 2004
KC, MO
My brother did this about a year ago. He used the usgs website to grab the image: earthexplorer

He wanted a 1940's picture of the Glenview Naval Air Station, after some of his tweaking, here is a link to the image on his wall. There are a number of different images available and he chose the blue tint, but if you would like some detail on the process he went through I can pass those along.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info