SFI
Sep 11, 2006
789d7f9a.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm always reading at least one or two books. For fun, I like Clive Cussler books, Sci Fi, Biographies of interesting people, etc.

Right now, I'm re-reading Harrington on Cash Games Volume 1. Besides being a great poker player, Dan Harrington is also an articulate and intelligent writer. His trilogy on tournament play is almost the bible of Texas Hold Em tournament play. His two volumes on cash games are among the best books I've ever read on the subject.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
What paperback and/or e-book are you currently or have just finished reading?

I just finished "The Devil's Punchbowl" by Greg Iles

Greg Iles follows the subject matter paths similar to John Grisham; however, with the exciting / high suspense story line as seen with Dan Brown. His books are a fast, entertaining read.

For me something has to be interesting and not dry or drawn out. Same thing with movies for me. I can't sit still for a couple of hours unless it is something I am into. I have a short attention spanned and lose interest easily

And books are not cheap and I am so I don't want to spend $ on something I will begin but not finish

smith876

Displaced Chicagoan
Mar 29, 2004
KC, MO
Anyone have some recommendations on some good sci-fi books?

Not exactly Sci-Fi but if you like the Rapp books checkout the Alexander Hawke series by Ted Bell.

I was recently turned onto Ted Bell and am a fan! The main character is like Rapp, but a touch different. Bell writes with some more detail than Flynn so don't be surprised to pick-up a thick(er) book. Am on my second Bell/Hawke book and will definitely make it through additional books.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Ted Bell, hmmm, may have to check him out next

I have a 45 mins to / from the city to kill on the train and it does not have wireless (hence, read books on the Kindle Fire).

About a month or so I am going to switch into ITIL certifications mode.

Yeah, for the time being, going to have to check out Ted Bell as something new.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info