sct pro racer question

fearbluer1

My 4cyl just beat your 8!
Mar 2, 2004
If we look at the pc it was installed on we should be able to get the access code. If we give that code to them, and tell them that the software is not being used on an old machine because it was replaced with a new one it shouldn't be a problem. It would be more of a problem if the software was going to be used on another vehicle.

They just don't want people doing tuning on other cars than just the one car license that it was intended for.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
If we look at the pc it was installed on we should be able to get the access code. If we give that code to them, and tell them that the software is not being used on an old machine because it was replaced with a new one it shouldn't be a problem. It would be more of a problem if the software was going to be used on another vehicle.

They just don't want people doing tuning on other cars than just the one car license that it was intended for.

You could have done that years ago, but no more. He has 2.9, not 3.3

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
From what I remember, the older original software is no longer supported. You use to be able to email them for a new key and they would send it to you.

The last time I switched computers, I had to upgrade the software to the USB dongle which no longer requires another key, just move the dongle to the other computer.

My guess, is SCT is the only way and I would guess he is going to have to upgrade.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info