My old man is looking to order his new SUV. Good choice?

SnakeBite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Nov 1, 2005
My old man is looking for a new SUV but he’s a picky guy. All his trucks are 4x4 V8’s and he won’t touch anything with a 4 or 6 cylinder. He plans on ordering a 2011 limited Toyota Sequoia in black with the graphite leather. He does not want the rear entertainment center or navigation so that’s why he’s passing on the platinum edition. He’s looking at around $55,000

Does anyone here have an older model? how is the experience in one of these?they look bad ass but even the older ones cost $40k plus

seq2011.jpg
[/IMG]

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
with no navigation or dvd?

I have a 2010 QX56 LOADED (touch screen nav, heated seats/wheel/rear dvd/front and rear sonar)that you can buy for that and put 5 grand back in the bank!!!

^ there you go. If you need a cheap commuter car, ok i guess i can understand a toyota, even though i'd never own one. If you're spending $55k, you have a lot of options. The LEAST you could do is step up to infiniti or lexus.

2010_infiniti_qx56_wide_main.jpg

SVL77

Quiet Member
May 4, 2004
Does anyone here have an older model? how is the experience in one of these?they look bad ass but even the older ones cost $40k plus

We have a 2005 Sequoia that we bought new in 2004...now has 85k on it. The truck has been absolutely rock solid. There have been little issues with latches and trim pieces but nothing major at all. In fact, the OEM discs/pads lasted 75k! The I-Force V8 is smooth and has the power/tq to make for a decent driving experience.

My wife loves the truck so much I can't get her to trade up for something newer.

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
I've got a 05 4runner that im very happy with....never a single problem and the V6 makes plenty of power. You guys ever wonder why all you see is Range Rover and Toyota in all the "expedition/safari flicks"? Cuz their tougher than American crap. Any ford or GM shitpile wouldn't make it 5 miles in those conditions. Toyota also employs more Americans than the big 3....

Get the Sequoia

amorrow

Jun 22, 2008
While I'm without a doubt a Ford guy, I think a new Sequoia is an excellent choice. When my dad bought a new Limited Sequoia in '03, it certainly raised my eyebrows, and not in a good way. But after borrowing that thing quite often to haul parts/cars, I told him to definitely go with a Sequoia for his next vehicle. Well, a couple weeks ago he asked me to drive a new one and see what I thought, and I was impressed...to the point I'd choose a Sequoia over an Armada, Expedition, Navigator, or Escalade (all of which I've ridden in or driven numerous times as I have friends/family who own them) if I was buying one myself. So the dealer started looking, and found him a Blizzard Pearl/Red Rock Platinum. He wasn't sold on the Platinum considering he wanted a second-row bench and the Platinum only comes in 7-passenger, however I think he made the right choice in getting it, even considering nothing more than the cool color combo (those colors aren't available for SR-5s or Limiteds).

Regarding first impressions, the new Sequoia drives and tows exceptionally well - I borrowed it to tow my '65 over 400 miles last weekend, and I'd recommend one of these to anyone wanting a larger SUV. And if your dad wants to buy used, I'm not aware of any significant differences among the '08-10 models (as of last week '11s still weren't out).

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
While I'm without a doubt a Ford guy, I think a new Sequoia is an excellent choice. When my dad bought a new Limited Sequoia in '03, it certainly raised my eyebrows, and not in a good way. But after borrowing that thing quite often to haul parts/cars, I told him to definitely go with a Sequoia for his next vehicle. Well, a couple weeks ago he asked me to drive a new one and see what I thought, and I was impressed...to the point I'd choose a Sequoia over an Armada, Expedition, Navigator, or Escalade (all of which I've ridden in or driven numerous times as I have friends/family who own them) if I was buying one myself. So the dealer started looking, and found him a Blizzard Pearl/Red Rock Platinum. He wasn't sold on the Platinum considering he wanted a second-row bench and the Platinum only comes in 7-passenger, however I think he made the right choice in getting it, even considering nothing more than the cool color combo (those colors aren't available for SR-5s or Limiteds).

Regarding first impressions, the new Sequoia drives and tows exceptionally well - I borrowed it to tow my '65 over 400 miles last weekend, and I'd recommend one of these to anyone wanting a larger SUV. And if your dad wants to buy used, I'm not aware of any significant differences among the '08-10 models (as of last week '11s still weren't out).

I would buy the Escalade over anyone of these suv's mentioned.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info