Okay...so now I HAVE TO get my M License!

Nicky Pass

Hey YO!
Jun 6, 2004
I plunk $750 down on this today!!! The deal was too good to pass up....MSRP OTD!
bcdccad4.jpg

066c3826.jpg

Its my style of bike...like the Cobra...black, white and shiney!
I'm nervous and really excited at the same time!

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
+1

http://rinehartracing.com/

I had them on both my HD's. Tried the Thunderheader and went right back to these. Best sound, best performance IMHO.

fuck rienhart. look into rush pipes, cheaper and sound better.

Just a question though, why a softail deluxe? it is just a stripped heritage softail for the same dough?

I never really understood that model.

Nicky Pass

Hey YO!
Jun 6, 2004
fuck rienhart. look into rush pipes, cheaper and sound better.

Just a question though, why a softail deluxe? it is just a stripped heritage softail for the same dough?

I never really understood that model.

I like Rush and Vance and Hines....

I looked at the Classic....it was just too big for me. I'm only 5',9''. I sat on your exact same bike....I was on my toes!

The deluxe is the perfect mix of everything....and it fits me perfect! And....the fact that I got a 2011 for a little under MSRP OTD is good too!

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
I personally do not like the WW's Mine had them on and i had them switched off before i took delivery. It just does not go with the look of the newer bikes. Also Even as anal as Nick is, they will look like shit GUARANTEED in a year. Ther discolor and yellow

Nicky Pass

Hey YO!
Jun 6, 2004
Fuck used. You did good. Did you get it from marty?

I had been talking to Nick....who was more then cool dealing with me coming in and almost buying like 5 visits! When I pulled it into the isle, Marty said "she's a beaut...we just got her....are you gonna do it?" I said I just put a deposit on it and he shook my hand and said congrats. He was really cool...everyone there is.

I like the white walls...and I don't want to change things on it now. I'm gonna do slip-ons and just get used to it and joy ride it only. Its purely recreational for me.

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
Slips ons are a waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WRONG...

The performance difference is not worth the money. You would not even notice the difference with a full exhaust and a fuel pack and dyno (I did it on the 03 and it was a total waste of dough) A good set of slip on's are just fine, at this level you are just going after a sound and not performance. These bikes are not speed demons, they are cruisers (yes i know you can make a fast HD, but not just by adding exhaust.) They are pigs at heart.

Slip on's are a perfect solution to a Softail Deluxe.

Nick next time you go there tell marty I said hi! I bought 4 NEW HD's fom him since 1999!!

Nicky Pass

Hey YO!
Jun 6, 2004
WRONG...

The performance difference is not worth the money. You would not even notice the difference with a full exhaust and a fuel pack and dyno (I did it on the 03 and it was a total waste of dough) A good set of slip on's are just fine, at this level you are just going after a sound and not performance. These bikes are not speed demons, they are cruisers (yes i know you can make a fast HD, but not just by adding exhaust.) They are pigs at heart.

Nick next time you go there tell marty I said hi! I bought 4 NEW HD's fom him since 1999!!

I will say hi.
They are having an open house and pig roast there on Sunday....you should go.

What kind of slip-ons did you put on? Did you have the dealer do it?

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Mar 25, 2007
WRONG...

Still say they are a waste! I will never buy another set learned that after my first bike many years ago. To eachs its own I guess but I will never tell/let anyone I know buy them!!!!!!!!!

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
I will say hi.
They are having an open house and pig roast there on Sunday....you should go.

What kind of slip-ons did you put on? Did you have the dealer do it?

i got the Rush slash downs with a 2'' baff. they were like 300 or so. I put them on myself. They are just the right sound, not obnoxious but loud enough to know im there! i listened to several pipes and did alot of research about full systems and trust me at the end of the day they are a waste unless you plan in the future to do motor work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info