MSF Motorcycle class got cancelled!

Nicky Pass

Hey YO!
Jun 6, 2004
I was sooooooo ready to take this class and get my M license this weekend....BUT, I got a cal from Chicago Harley saying the instructor can't teach the class:(

Now I have to wait until September 16th!:mad:

I wanted to get the license and buy the bike! The weather is gonna be perfect this weekend and I took Monday off of work so I can take the test....
Oh well, I guess I have to wait another month!

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
sign up for those classes that are taught at community colleges and see if you can get into the class early... you can just show up and if someone is a no show or late you get into the class that day rather than waiting....and if you cant get it any earlier than sept 16th then its still not that bad

Lyle was supposed to attend some bike class this weekend. I wonder if it is the same one.

Not the same one. The class Im attending this weekend is the IDOT class. All three classes are free. 20.00 to hold your spot and you can donate it back at the end, or be cheap and take your money back.

http://mrp.illinois.edu/default.asp

The class he was going to take is about 400.00 and offered at local dealerships. IDOT classes are 25-30 hours long, dunno about the dealer classes.

Just buy your bike, go take your written test for your permit, and take your test with the bike to get the M endorsement. Take the three classes offered by IDOT in the spring though, but you will have to sign up for them in early March, as they fill quickly.

What kind of bike you gunna get?

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
Not the same one. The class Im attending this weekend is the IDOT class. All three classes are free. 20.00 to hold your spot and you can donate it back at the end, or be cheap and take your money back.

The class he was going to take is about 400.00 and offered at local dealerships. IDOT classes are 25-30 hours long, dunno about the dealer classes.

Just buy your bike, go take your written test for your permit, and take your test with the bike to get the M endorsement. Take the three classes offered by IDOT in the spring though, but you will have to sign up for them in early March, as they fill quickly.

and you will get an insurance disc with the idot class

Nicky Pass

Hey YO!
Jun 6, 2004
I already have my permit, which is the written test.

As for the bike....I'm stuck between...
2010-fat-boy-lo.jpg

and....
2009-harley-davidson-flstn-softail-deluxe-picture.jpg

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005

^ this

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
Just like most of the Harley riders out there.........

More time polishing it than riding it.

At least you don't have to put on a clean room suite and go through a chemical bath to touch it, like Slash.
lol

HAHA, Ill have you know I have more miles logged on the HD in 2 mos than i did on my Busa in over 6 mos! just clicked 1000 miles!! Took a great ride to starved rock, galena and lake geneva 2x so far! It is great to have my wife riding with me too! she would not get on the busa and i really do not blame her

But you are right on one count, the decontamination/Scrub down process once i get home is BRUTAL!!!!:clap:

Nick, get the fatboy.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I don't have a bike....and if I buy the HD I want, I can't imagine passing the test on it.

Ah, yeah thats a problem. I passed mine back in the day on a 2000 CBRF4. It was hard, but not impossible. But yeah, on an HD thats got to be tough. Find someone with a dualsport bike and borrow. I know easier said than done. Shit you cant even rent a bike without the M class.

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
I don't have a bike....and if I buy the HD I want, I can't imagine passing the test on it.

do it on the bike you are going to own. I passed my test on my 2003 heritage softail. I get sick of these pussies that take the test on the little 250's These are the asses that have no idea wtf they are doing. if you are going to buy a bike, know how the fuck to drive it

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
do it on the bike you are going to own. I passed my test on my 2003 heritage softail. I get sick of these pussies that take the test on the little 250's These are the asses that have no idea wtf they are doing. if you are going to buy a bike, know how the fuck to drive it

I can agree with that. But taking the road test on a brandnew HD you bearly know.....scary. Goodluck.

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
I'd hate to drop it because I'm taking the road test!

The whole reason for the class is to learn a lot and get the license comfortably....I'm trying to be smart about the whole process and be a good safe rider!

if you drop the bike at the test for the license it is the wrong bike for you. The test is not that hard.

If you are planning to drive a small cc bike then test with a small cc bike. if you want to be smart and be a safe rider like you say get your permit, buy the bike, get comfortable with it and then go take and pass your test on it.

You will pass the test, it really is not that difficult.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info