2011 m3 vs 2011 gt

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
The looks couldn't be any better but performance-wise, it is lacking.

I completely agree, BMW's big changes in the 3 series are a year away though.

The end of the video pissed me off that they say the M3 is better because it won on the track(road course) by a 1/10th. What about the drag strip? Mustang won by a 1/10th there and thats what the Mustang is all about.

D

Drlee50

I completely agree, BMW's big changes in the 3 series are a year away though.

The end of the video pissed me off that they say the M3 is better because it won on the track(road course) by a 1/10th. What about the drag strip? Mustang won by a 1/10th there and thats what the Mustang is all about.

and you know you give Randy a second run in the mustang and he could drop another 1/2 sec off his time easily.
mustang wins-- period. MT just doesnt want to piss off the BMW crowd I guess. :dunno:

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
How many people here have driven a newer M3 or M5? If you ever do, then you'll know why the BMW still came in first place. Yeah it's a lot of money, but with most things in life, you get what you pay for.

My boss has an M3 and its very nice. These cars aren't really comparable. Their intent is very different. This was a comparison of speed/power not quality, ride and finish. I think it was smart of them to not get into all of that because the M3 would murder the Mustang in those.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
In spite of all the praise heaped on the GT by the driver, the massive cost differential, and the fact that the GT won almost every objective performance measurement, I knew that MT (or any mainline car rag) would ultimately never pick the Stang over the M3. :nono:

What a bunch of cowards.:thumbsdow

When a domestic mfr. wins all the performance stats, they usually tweak the subjective measures that tip the scales in favor of the import. I don't see how they ultimately chose the winner here (was it purely lap time?), but even the subjective assessments of the driver seemed to favor the GT.

So besides the miniscule lap time advantage of the Pro Driver (the regular "joe" driver ran a faster time in the GT), what did the M3 do better?

Shocks? Apparently the M3's were much better according to Pobst
Acceleration? Nope
Braking? Nope
Lateral G's? Nope
Roominess? Nope
Fuel Mileage? Nope
Price? LOL, their "TrueCar TrueValue" Price had the M3 at nearly twice the GT.
Emissions? Nope

It was slightly lighter, marginally bigger gas tank, better basic warranty, and oh yea, gave you more clout at the country club. :rolleyes: What a joke.

Great showing by the Ford, further proof of how well they're really gotten their shit together. :headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info