Question for all the computer guys here

Venomblue22

If you only knew
Mar 7, 2005
right now I have a linksys wireless router hooked up in the front house set up to broadcast wireless through out the house. This signal doesnt make it to the back garage so i ran cat five about 150-200 feet underground to the back garage, put in a switch and connected my PC, PS3 and a WII to the switch, but what about wireless, can i connect another wireless router here and broadcast wireless in the back garage? I am not worried about the signals clashing, the wireless in the house, is in the house and thats it, i got about 100 feet between the front house and back garage and about another 20 ft the next wireless router will be, will this work? Do i need to enable/disable anything? if need be i can try to make a diagram of what i am talking about
thanks for the help
chris

BlaqSnake

PC Pimp
May 13, 2006
Aurora, IL
That should work with no problem.

1. If you just want internet access, plug the Cat 5 into the WAN port on the garage Wifi router.

2. If you want to access files and computers back in the house, it will be a bit more complicated.

If you go with option 1, you may want to setup a different SSID and wireless channel for the garage.

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
That should work with no problem.

1. If you just want internet access, plug the Cat 5 into the WAN port on the garage Wifi router.

2. If you want to access files and computers back in the house, it will be a bit more complicated.

If you go with option 1, you may want to setup a different SSID and wireless channel for the garage.

+1 What he said

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info